2021 season thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 11, 2021.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Which says more about Beasley iyam

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Beasley has had his moments, but they weren’t the other night

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Beasley didn't play well but has for much of the year. Give him some help. He had to drop deep in coverage on play action and be ready to come up when the qb ran. Seems he was 1 v 1 on qb too much 8 yards down the field. Many college qbs nowadays will beat an lb in space 1 v 1, which is what happened and a reason why he looked bad. Where was the rest of the DL, lbs and nickel when Beasley kept finding himself 1 v 1 with no help on either side.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Beasley tried on that one Tampa cover 2 but that was a really bad match up on that 3rd and 15

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think Simmons going down has hurt more than anything on defense.

Memtownvol, A-Smith, IP and 2 others like this.
  6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Corral doesn't run wild on draws up the middle with Simmons in

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

There isn’t a linebacker in the world who can run with Williams one on one. That was on Tank for not staying in position to help over the top.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Who could have foreseen Pittsburg being in the driver's seat to win the ACC. And we still should have beat them despite playing a QB who couldn't hit water falling out of a boat.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

That was the most important play of the game imo. Changed everything. Alabama did a good job of creating mismatches with our LBs several times Saturday. Having more than 45 healthy scholarship bodies for SEC road games moving forward will be very helpful.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I tried to tell y'all that loss wasn't nearly as bad as some of your were trying to make it out to be.

11. Ssmiff

No doubt in my mind we were gonna hold them on 3rd and 15 and go tie the game. Secondary couldn't stop us.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I admittedly was one of those that was pretty bummed about taking an L in that game because I assumed Pitt was merely a middling ACC team with inferior talent to us.

13. Ssmiff

Pitt wasn't that good and we coulda buried them early on. Guys open all over the field.
    Anytime you play a 27 year old qb, their experienceay be an advantage

TDVol1989 and cpninja like this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Being held by Alabama's olinemen

Ssmiff likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He definitely handles the A gaps

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Eh, Tennessee had every opportunity in the world to be up 38 to 7 midway through the 2nd quarter but Joe Overthrow cost Tennessee a lot of points.

Pretty much, Pitt didn't beat Tennessee, Tennessee shot themselves in the foot over and over

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Heupel has become one of us

warhammer and Memtownvol like this.
  18. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Now all someone has to do is have him throwing a water bottle then a mustard bottle the second time he says bullshit.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He needs to beef up but he is much better in coverage than Beasley. That hurts us right now.