2021 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by The Dooz, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The kid said he wasn't taunting. Taunting in any sport is bs imo. But I'm old school though and taunters getting something in return isn't being a [itch bay]. Taunting is the [itch bay] move. Not celebrating, but taunting, which in this case he wasn't doing anyway. Anybody can act like a douche when there are no repercussions, but very few will when they know it can and will he checked.

10SEvols likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's refreshing

Tenacious D likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I liked pissing people off enough they were willing to give me a free base. It also was a chance to remind the pitcher he was too big a [ussy pay] to give me something to hit.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What was the scuttlebutt before anyway? Downtown stadium for the team that's shared with the smokies?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Randy Boyd wants a down town stadium that's shared, Vitello wants to stay on campus and renovate.

NorrisAlan and The Dooz like this.
  6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I think they’d rather have their own thing on campus.

Edit: Groves beat me to it.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Campus would be better iyam

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ll be that person.

I appreciate his energy but I’m not a fan. He doesn’t paint a picture. He just has an aneurysm.

9. Ssmiff

bad idea to go downtown and pull it off campus. Bad idea all around.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It should be allowed to be returned immediately by the batter with his bat. If the pitcher can use the weapon at his disposal, hitter should be able to use his as well.

SetVol13 and utvol0427 like this.
  11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

12. Ssmiff

John Wilkerson's call of the walkoff today is solid. Always liked him and wondered why I had to listen to Kesling butcher everything for so long..

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

One of the best atmospheres I’ve been to today. This team is one more bullpen arm stepping up from contending seriously for Omaha.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

His head exploding on the air didn’t make it a good call

15. Ssmiff

I dont see it that way. Hes not supposed to be impartial anyway. He set up the picture by saying who was on what base. He gave Max's stats for the game and year. He got excited and loudly said 2 sentences, then followed with "A first pitch fastball, a meatball, and that ball is gone" in regular tone is good stuff imo. Arky was 31-0 with a lead going into the 9th. Not sure why you'd expect an opponents announcer to call it like it's a mid-season jv game.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

I appreciate the energy. However, he didn’t “call” anything. It was the equivalent of me banging my keyboard with closed fists with the caps lock on

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I like the attitude and having that chip

also it was fun seeing the redneck side of the fan base halve fun and create a rowdy fun atmosphere

justingroves likes this.
  18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

"For" Omaha or "in" Omaha?

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes, maybe.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

At this point, they’re one in the same. I said a few weeks ago... this team has the ability to win it all.