2021 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by The Dooz, Feb 19, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

whereas vol fans are a level of hardcore only possible if you did a 20 year tour in Afghanistan only to come home and have to spend a month in jail for driving on an expired license.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah, this is the fanbase that celebrates with Neck.

IP likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

God help Twitter if we ever get good at football again.

IP, utvol0427 and NYY like this.
  4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wait, just catching up on the Arkansas events fully. I don't know much about baseball, but having a dude like Kopps throw hard that many times is kind of [uck fay]ed up because he is a mortal human and you are jeopardizing his future earnings while making a team sport all about one guy. It's extremely short-sighted and bad judgement, and it had to have a negative effect on the rest of the team that the strategy or plan or whatever was simply "more Kopps." Where's the coaching? Lose playing together, don't lose riding your star into the ground.

7. NorrisAlan

Not the first time a coach/manager has done this, and it won't be the last. I think they just get scared and keep throwing their ace out there. This isn't softball with under hand pitching, the over hand pitch cannot go like that.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It seems like college baseball is especially bad about it

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What if Kopps said "hey, I'm pitching until my arm falls off"?

10. NorrisAlan

seven figure contracts for coaches and you have the player for 1-2 years tops probably leads to this. I am not familiar with the history of college ball, so not sure if this has always been chronic, but tournament ball must also lead to these mindsets.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not big on coaches forcing it but if a player says [uck fay] it, I'm doing it I'm okay with it.

12. NorrisAlan

I am sure he was. That is the coach's job, though, to say "No."

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

He has said before he likes to come in relief, unexpectedly. Instead, he gets pulled in the last game he plays in college.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I guess the counter is that sometimes the coach has to protect the players from themselves. Or the medical/training staff.

I don’t know what the Kopps situation was, what he told his manager or what, if any, role the training staff had either. I don’t have a good answer.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The optics would be way better if they let him come from the pen after the starter struggled or ran out of gas

IP likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm enjoying playing the villain. This is quite fun.

SetVol13, utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's been too long

18. NorrisAlan

I am not sure we have ever been the villain in my lifetime.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We were trailer trash according to ESPN in the 90's.

Sitting in Athens in 06 scoring 50+ on UGA was very fun too

20. NorrisAlan

Yeah, but being trailer trash is not being the 80's Miami or the 90's Pistons. It was a pejorative from a stupid commentator, more of condescension than fear.

Just once in my lifetime, I want people to see the Vol Navy roll up to their shore and go "....oh...[uck fay]..." and shit themselves.