2021 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by The Dooz, Feb 19, 2021.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

There is a high school coach in East Tennessee who I have immense respect for that refused to start a kid on short rest... in the state tournament. It cost his team most likely a win. But that kid? He's now playing professional baseball.

Sometimes as a coach, you have to see the big picture. I have zero doubts that Kopps told VH he wanted to go until he couldn't go anymore. But dammit, you have to protect these dudes from themselves sometimes. I'm not the biggest fan of hard numbers on pitch counts. But in the situation of this being a pressure-packed super regional game... every damn pitch was thrown max effort, and the effects that could have had on his arm we may not know for months down the road.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't mean to get on a high horse on the Kopps thing, and I am not knowledgeable. But if I were advising a recruit who was being offered by Arkansas, there would be questions I suggest they ask and things to consider. I would expect Kopps and many high level players would be eager and willing to rip their own arm off to win. That's why you want to make sure there is someone with a level head and the big picture for that individual in the conversation.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It will be used. Over and over again.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Droski did when Cal came here

CardinalVol, NYY and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Apparently there is a faction amongst LSU fans saying we had Astros-style buzzers in our jerseys

6. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Their tears are just keeping the high going for me. Also shit talking Vitello all preseries and now saying they’re going to come take him from us. They are melting harder than Arkansas and it’s so sweet.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah, so they want to hire our cheating, shitty coach. Super consistent messaging.

SetVol13 likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm still sitting here watching videos of the grand slam. It might be my favorite moment in Tennessee sports.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've reached the point when I believe that as long as we invest in baseball, that Vitello is gonna be here a long, long time.

utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Who's making the trip to Omaha?

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Somebody did a DX theme vid and it is glorious.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I wish. Not possible

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I have a very small window that I could make work. Wish that Omaha had more direct routes from BNA

justingroves likes this.
  14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

You have a link?

10SEvols likes this.
  15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

2/2. Let's update these goals, Card.

CardinalVol likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't care how much some of y'all hated it, I thoroughly enjoyed the Maneiri cry cam in the bottom of the 9th.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I loved it. [uck fay] LSU.

zehr27 and CardinalVol like this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Mizzou pitcher transferring to UT. Evidently a big arm but pretty big era

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

ERA was pretty terrible, but I think Vitello and company can hone it.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah I just edited after I looked. Supposedly has a big arm and avg a SO per inning but that era is pretty big. Hopefully was due to being in too long or something and he can be middle relief. I haven't looked at the roster to see who is coming back or gone.
    Also noticed he played CF in 2020, so had a full year+ off the mound