2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

A-Smith likes this.
  2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

After we got knocked out, I noticed my preference was more about I want 'x' to lose rather than I want 'y' to win.

The 2 losses to unc could not have been scripted any better.

I know I will always remember we beat the Bear in his last game against us.

justingroves likes this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

A dirty program like Kansas winning would be pretty distasteful, but Carolina is determined to lose here.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Free throws might cost Kansas a title just like they did 19 years ago in New Orleans against Syracuse.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Bill Self should have a show cause, but will, instead, hoist the championship trophy. Guess it pays to be a blue blood.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The steph/lillard effect in play on that last possession. I’m gonna shoot a contested 30 footer with 17 seconds left down 3.

7. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Agreed - Love has been playing hero ball like that, but it’s annoyingly been working until now

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

UNC just decided to stop playing defense for the first half of the second half. Weird

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah. My Tax guy (a UNC grad) was demoralized.

Anecdotally, he told me he had us in his FF bracket. I said, "Well, 2/18 would not beat anybody." He said, "Unless maybe us (UNC)."
    I had no response.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Unc outrebounded them by 20 and 16 rebound advantage on offensive boards. Davis does what many coaches do in the tourney with a lot of nba style iso but that leads to only 9 assists on the night. Lot of those boards should lead to lockouts for rhythm 3s that seem to go in more often.