2022 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by utvol0427, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Well, shit.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If baseball is gonna have replay/review and pick apart every close play, they should be able to review check swings and strike 3 calls.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That game is proof positive that with the available technology, umpires shouldn’t be calling balls and strikes in high level baseball

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hope the home plate ump pulls a Bob Saget.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Gonna have to beat a good team twice in a row. But that’s very much within our power to do. This team won’t quit.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This was going to happen sooner or later.

Time to see what they are really made of.

CitrusCo.Vol likes this.
  7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Bad outing by Tidwell. That’s baseball. I’d say the series is a coin flip now.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yep. Historically about a quarter of teams that lose the first game go on to win the series. Throw in the talent gap and I think 50/50 is pretty fair right now.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I just went to the vendor over on the 3b side.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I like the edge this program has, as well as the fans, but sometimes it can be taken too far to our detriment and tonight was one of those nights. Gilbert can’t put himself in that position. He’s too important. Yeah, I know the umpire sucked, but telling him “[uck fay] off” will probably get you run in most situations. In a super regional? Have to be smarter.

Not a fan of the throwing stuff on the field shit, either. We need to stop being Mexican soccer fans.

That said, for this team, two straight wins is definitely doable. The falling behind early stuff is key. We’ve played with fire too much recently and got burned tonight. Getting into their bullpen quickly tomorrow will be critical, I think.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Idc about the trash. It was like 3 Dasani water bottles from the student section. That probably happens every football game, it just doesn’t get noticed.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ah, ok. My feed from out of the country isn’t the best, so it seemed worse than this.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Gilbert was evidently warned in the 2nd inning, you just can’t say what he said there after being warned.

14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Not ejected

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

The News Sentinel and everyone of its co papers immediately ran with a story of Tennessee Fans Throw Mustard Bottles on to the field.

16. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Saw this elsewhere...

Dave Serrano just told the Basilio crew that he was ejected 5 times in college baseball and this Van Raaphorst led crew was responsible for 4 of them.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I hate losing but did not anticipate that we would win every game this post season.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Was there ever an explanation for why Anderson was tossed by a sack of shit running from the other side of the field?

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My guess is he's the crew chief. But that's just a guess.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If so, why did King of the Dipshits eject him? It didn't look like he did anything terrible and that guy was on a mission to come toss someone as he was coming across the field. I'm honestly shocked he didn't toss Tony, too.