2023 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by The Dooz, Sep 29, 2022.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Random Question: The strike zone is 3-dimensional. Technically, what constitutes a strike? Is it where it is when it first gets to the plate, where it is halfway through the plate, or where it is when it leaves the back of the plate?

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It starts at the front of the plate

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not that tonight is even over yet, but this is still a good team ultimately imo. Iron out the kinks and get really hot in May and June like Ole Piss did last year. A potential series loss or sweep this weekend won’t have me walking off the ledge. Besides, credit where it’s due because this LSU baseball team is a sheer force of nature this season. When they aren’t winning against the Vols, they are fun to watch.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

they weren’t far from winning either of the last 2 and it’s stuff they ought to be able to fix

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Decent start so far.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This Cooper kid is my new favorite college player outside of Knoxville.

7. CardinalVol

Apparently the secret to Tennessee athletic success outside of football is for me to git so disgusted with the team I'm ready to shut the program down. So I'll be keeping this attitude for the foreseeable future.

Even if they hold on today this team has no business being 4-5 and I'm still not sure we end the season .500 in conference.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Disagree completely but I respect your commitment to the bit nonetheless.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't know that there are many major league SS that can make the play that Maui just did.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

How in the [uck fay] was he safe.

utvol0427 likes this.
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Did they give any kind of explanation on the play at first?

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And it cost a run. Morgan was out by a step at least.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

We gonna lose with a 10 run head start?

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I still think the team is better than this because the errors and mistakes can be fixed, but if they aren’t then this team isn’t going anywhere.

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We’re almost at the halfway point in terms of total games. At some point if the mistakes aren’t cleaned up, they’re just part of who you are and you have to try to win despite it.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

All the TV broadcast said was that the ball wasn't in the "back of the glove" when they had the picture showing the ball in the glove and the runners foot 6 inches above the bag.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah Burke snowconed it and then showed it to the ump and the ball was still right there. Never moved in his glove.

18. CardinalVol

If catcher ain't arguing, you are wasting everyone's time coming out of the dugout.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Seems kind of sketchy to me to come out and try to convince them to review when you’re out of challenges

20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The way Booker’s looked today, we may not see Merritt back in the lineup for a minute