2023 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by The Dooz, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Man, did we piss one away tonight with dumbass shit.

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This team is very immature on the road. No composure

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That’s [uck fay]ing infuriating to give it up like that. He catches that ball at first 9.9 times out of 10.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Dickey with two balls now that should have gone out but take absolute shits all over themselves when the get to the track.

justingroves likes this.
  5. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Team is now 0-5 on the road. If we can’t at least get off that schneid this weekend, could be a problem

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

.500 in league play gets you into the tournament easy.

justingroves likes this.
  7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Tony should probably give Merritt tomorrow off. He’s just not even close at the plate right now. He’s got 1 hit in SEC play.

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

You’ll be traveling though. Especially with our nonexistent OOC resume. Gotta get to 16-14 to host

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Rough game.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes, if given a choice between sleeping in your own bed or staying at a hotel in another city, you, I or anyone else would probably chose our own bed.

But home field advantage doesn’t really exist in baseball, and especially in an NCAA tournament format.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Think it exists a little with our field. People complaining about balls not leaving the field at LSU. Those are gone in our park and probably a different game. We don’t swing the bats as well on the road.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I still think it’s hilarious how much of a launching pad LNS is and it went completely unrealized for 20 years, at least by me.

justingroves likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Also really disappointed in the lack of national media outrage at LSU fans throwing trash on the field.

The Dooz likes this.
  14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We recruit to our field and that’s why we need to be at home in postseason.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Sure a good thing we don’t have to win five games in Omaha or anything to win a title.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We had it last season and were the number 1 overall seed in the tournament.

And Arkansas had it in 2021 as the number 1 overall seed too.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The "curse" of the overall #1 seed is something else.

justingroves likes this.
  18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah, it’s certainly an interesting phenomenon. But I think it also proves the chaotic nature of college baseball’s tournament and reinforces the point that all you gotta do is get in and anything can happen after that.

I mean we all know that pro playoff baseball is wild and they play more traditional playoff off series than college baseball.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don’t put much stock in the curse of the #1, mostly because I think the bolded is the key takeaway. The baseball tournament is significantly more chaotic than other major sports, and being the #1 team probably gives you a ~15% chance of actually winning the thing.

20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He listened. Not listed in the starting lineup tonight.