2023 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by The Dooz, Sep 29, 2022.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Did he ignore the 3rd base coach?

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Too many mistakes tonight. Lots to work on.

GCU celebrating like they just invented the play for the first time ever after they execute even the most mundane thing is pretty [uck fay]ing annoying.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Safe to say we are not the #2 team in the country.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There’s nothing more meaningless than a baseball poll the first week of the season.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Hell of a throw. Still no excuse not to make it to third on a hit to right field with 2 outs and 3-2 count unless you pull a hamstring or something.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Kinda seeing middle SEC. We don’t have the bats

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He had no business even trying on that one

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This looks more like a rebuild than a reload.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

10. KyleAlexanderfan

Terrible sports day.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

For someone with average speed getting an average jump, I think that throw is a bang-bang play, which is fine with me, especially at lower levels than MLB. If it takes a perfect throw to get you, tip your cap. As it was, the RF could have pump faked a couple times or done a discus spin or something. I guess either he or the third base coach should have noticed he screwed up the jump and live to fight another day, but the execution was worse than the decision IMO.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

From an LSU board. He is referring to Vandy’s Tim Corbin.

13. Ssmiff

That was a shot to right. Looked like we hit 2nd base about same time the RF got the ball.

14. KyleAlexanderfan

Vitello did warn us we were overrated in the polls. Feel like he has to have pretty big concerns to point that out but maybe he’s just doing the rat poison thing.

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Tony isn’t a bullshit artist. I think he was just giving an honest assessment when he made that comment.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yeah it's a really long season. The current poll will look completely different mid then again by year end.

justingroves and The Dooz like this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He knows what he has. Good news is we have the best coach in college baseball so he will get them where they need to be eventually. Just may take awhile this year.

18. Ssmiff

I’m hearing we self reported a flight regarding Maui that was paid for before receiving transcripts which is a minor violation, but evidently the hold up.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This game looks like it’s being filmed on an iPhone. And by that I mean the original 2007 iPhone.

20. KyleAlexanderfan

Yeah can’t watch that shit.