2025 Recruiting Class Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by yont sum iss?, Apr 7, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yeah looks like it but they are out of school again today. My concern is still…how good is a qb if he led the worst team in BA football history. I look at it like this…Brentwood beat them this year without a single D1 defensive player and held them down. They had top 3 qb, good rb and SEC wr and couldn’t score more than 14. If you put Nico against Brentwood, we don’t stand a chance imo as he would be the tallest and best athlete on the field, dominate and figure out a way to put up 3-4 tds.
    I spoke with a couple of friends who do 7 v 7 and training and they say he is an athlete and can make every throw. But that’s also mainly based on 7 v 7. Gurantano was a standout 7 v 7 player too.

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

One thing is for sure. Sounds like they need a better coach.

warhammer and Memtownvol like this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd be lying if I told you that part of me doesn't wonder if his blood line gets him a bump.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know much about high school schedules/teams. They played 11 teams with numbers by them. Is that a state ranking? Does it mean much, or is it out of like 12 teams?

6. CardinalVol

I think D2AAA is 12 teams now, but suually they are 12 of the top 20 teams in the state overall.

He was just the QB on the worst team BA ever. I can remember not too long ago when 14-1 was a disappointing season for them.

IP likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

He does still have a year to go so hopefully we see better play on the field. He got his rating from being 6’5, bloodline, non pad drills and 7 v 7.
    BA has fallen way off in recent years as they don’t have bigger and better athletes than everyone else anymore. CPA, LA both better than the old guard with BA, MBA and Ensworth. BA would never have lost to a Father Ryan in the past. FR had a good qb who signed somewhere and beat them 54-21. Friends son is 5’9 160 db for FR with no offers of any sort and they couldn’t pick on him.

8. yont sum iss?

These days if a guy is deemed an elite QB prospect and they don’t already play on a stacked HS team, they almost always transfer to one. Interesting to see if he stays where he’s at for his Senior year. I kind of respect it if he does.

IP and justingroves like this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If he's not good, Merklinger plays and Mac transfers in two years. Right now, it's great optics and he'll recruit peers to Tennessee

SetVol13, Tar Volon, A-Smith and 2 others like this.
  10. Ssmiff

he’s not going anywhere. Believe his dad and sisters all are BA graduates or soon to be.

11. CardinalVol

Well, we got him.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  12. Ssmiff

His commitment video is great. One thing he said, “it’s not a decision, it’s a calling.”
    Basically said he was born to play football at TN

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Heup and Saban both made him priority number one at QB. Now number one targets don’t always pan out but I’ll ride with that. The 5 stars are nice for the perception though.

14. Ssmiff

2 young 5s on roster ain’t bad. And Merk can play. He didn’t camp much

15. yont sum iss?

We just went 5 star, high 4 star, 5 star in QB recruiting. I’ll take it.

16. Ssmiff

In the words of Larry Holmes, “ain’t nothin to sthneezth at”

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

My how times have changed. An abundance of riches and we are somewhat downplaying it (i.e., yeah but who is he playing against, what is his record against those teams, etc.)

18. yont sum iss?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know if it is us just staying critical and objective, or that we are battered and gun shy, that we pick apart a 5 star QB committing to us over Bama, Clemson, LSU, etc. I think we are cautious to get too excited before seeing results.

20. Ssmiff

It’s all because they sucked at 2-10 really and still had more talent than most they played. I saw him live 3 times and was maybe swayed too much when I compared him to Nico. Everybody around though knew their coach was lost and half the team had quit. Coaches also miss. 4/5 * hit the portal every year. Thing is with George is he needs to stop growing and get thicker. He may be headed for 6’7 as they say he’s all of 6’6 now.