23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Shot clock is wrong

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

What the [uck fay], the clock [uck fay]ed us

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

JJJ went around the dude. Dude fell back like he got hit square in the chest. Flop and a half.

To call the game the way they have and then call THAT is a joke.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Gotta have that 3 Knecht

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

They gave us 20 seconds in a hold for one after Texas inbounded, blatant cheating

A-Smith and Indy like this.
  6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

How does that even happen? How does no one notice? It showed 20 before the timeout too. We shouldn't have had to play defense there unless they got it with 2 seconds and got up court

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We are 1/11 from 3, and DK is 1/8 from the field, and we are up 9.

Not sure whether to feel good or bad about that.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Knecht is absolutely ice cold. I don’t know what it is with our good shooters completing losing their touch in the round of 32, but it’s a thing.

I still think he probably will figure it out, and if we can go +6 against on the offensive glass, that increases our margin for error significantly. That’s the thing we didn’t have in the ugly losses against A&M, State, and South Carolina

TDVol1989 likes this.
  9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It is nice to see a guy like Awaka have a nice run and the defense is on point. I still don’t get how cold we go at times.

justingroves likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We’ve gotta run some sets to get DK better looks. The whole “give him the ball outside the 3 point line and let him wing it” isn’t working this game.

11. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

No business losing this game.

12. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

That half was something

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I fully expect the second half to be called tighter than the average game. Need to adjust early, if it does, or they’ll shoot free throws all night.

14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Tuff game.

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Apparently if you start your possession in the frontcourt, the shot clock starts at 20. This is a dumbass rule that I've never heard of, and it [uck fay]s up hold for one situations for no reason.

If you steal the ball in the backcourt, are they setting it to 20? Have I just never noticed? Otherwise, how often does a team get a dead ball possession that starts in the frontcourt? Does it happen often enough that there should be a special rule for it?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a mirror match, just need to be smart.

17. Tar Volon

Texas fouls as much as we do.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Come out with the same early looks to Jonas

19. Tar Volon

We do, but we have gotten him a couple—one of his corner threes off the inbounds pass that he seemingly makes at 80%

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Been like that a couple of years now.