23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

True, but I don’t think we beat Purdue without a heater from Knecht. We can still beat Creighton without him going off.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We won’t play Purdue if we don’t beat Creighton

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm not 100% convinced Purdue will be there if we win.

(Even if I picked them to win the whole thing.)

utvol0427 likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've had the same thought. Few is 100x the coach that Painter is and this feels like a game that Few finds a way to win and/or Painter finds a way to lose.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Posts like these keep me coming back

IP likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Friday night we have to score more points than Creighton or we are gonna lose

IP likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know the mantra is that they don't foul much, but if the vols could draw some it would really tilt things against Creighton. They are not deep at all.

8. Ssmiff

If we can hit our first couple of 3s, see you in the elite 8. Seeing the ball go thru the net is a big deal as far as the mental aspect of the game. Then nobody is thinking, just shooting, and more will go in.
    I’ve said it too often probably but you can’t be out there trying to make a shot. Just play and shoot.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  9. Ssmiff

..btw imo after hearing Barnes discuss Santi and what Santi has said, he’s been trying to make a shot for months imo. It’s in his head. He’s thinking about it too much, then aiming while hoping it goes in.

10. CardinalVol

1. Hit 3s.
    2. If Aidoo has that 12 footer going then that pulls the 7 footer away from the goal.
    3. Theoretically allows the lane to open up for ZZ and Knecht.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just think we are a bad match-up for them.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Based on the stats, I’m inclined to agree, although they can always just go nuclear from deep.

Based on matchups, my biggest concern is their 7-footer, because we have struggled against rim protectors, and Aidoo seems to rely on having a size advantage. That matchup is my biggest question mark (outside of the eternal “who gets hot from deep”).

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Sir, this is an Arby’s

utvol0427, Tar Volon and SetVol13 like this.
  14. CardinalVol

I am not sure what happened.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's okay, just a stutter.

emainvol and Ssmiff like this.
  16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Fight, but have us play at 5:30, not 10 (and it will probably be more like 10:30). Even if they win, they’ll get to bed at what? 1:30? Maybe I’m overthinking it, but that feels like a disadvantage for a Sunday game.

IP likes this.
  17. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Nah, they'll be plenty rested.

A-Smith likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

2 am to a 21 yr old is peak party time for many. They’ll be fine.

19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Luckily I'm on CST, so staying up to watch won't wreck me too bad. I'm a hard programmed early bed guy.