23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t like it, but I get it. Do it with the football stadium though and you’re getting wrapped in chicken wire and thrown off the Henley street bridge.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

IP likes this.
  3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I pack a cooler in my car during the summer when I go to the office just for Publix stops. Our local grocer is such that I miss when it was a Foodland.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Fried chicken is elite too.

emainvol likes this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

interesting

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah one day I was about to go to the bojangles that was down there in university commons and then realized I could go into Publix and get a whole chicken for less

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Noted. Usually in a place I just want a sub but sooner or later I can get more.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Second the fried chicken. Was a meal for us when the kids were at home about every other week.

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Rather than looking at the $20m lump look at it this way ... they bought $2m of advertising per year. Locked in for 10 years.
    They can minimize their TV advertising purchase, cause their name is already up there, every televised game, every article written, etc.

I don't know what their annual marketing/advertising budget is, but $2m for this coverage is a pretty good deal. Not even considering the future value of $2m in each of subsequent years, with inflation that $2m costs them less each year.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There's also a level of prestige associated with acquiring naming rights I would assume.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I've started adding a single Nashville hot tender in my sub to spice it up a little bit. Would hate nothing but hot tenders, but a single works well.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Who the hell is gonna use the full name though?

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

CitrusCo.Vol likes this.
  14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I have no idea what the negotiations are re: display/name use (scoreboard, marquis, books, articles, etc.).

Everytime the cameras pan on it there it will be. Think shit on the shirts of golfers, NASCAR, etc.

I have to believe in every written publication the University or others put out which has the "name" they are contractually bound to use full name.

As mentioned above, there is a prestige value associated as it applies to how their local customer-base may view it.

I really don't know without seeing the "deal". Other than, $2m/year fixed for 10 years is not a bad deal, imo.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I will have to try this. Sounds yummy.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

As was my father when he was in undergrad there in the early 80s. I’m sure I would’ve been too had they still been an option on the strip in my era. Alas, Gus’s it was for us

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think you have to call ahead for them, but let me add the Mardi Gras wings to this list

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
  18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’ve long held that one of the best little things in life is walking into Publix and realizing the chicken tenders are fresh

19. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Are y’all talking about the tenders by the sub station? Gonna have to get some of these

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes, tenders and fried chicken both are in the deli.

Volsdude likes this.