'23 Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by lylsmorr, Oct 14, 2021.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I called 15 or so plays from the stands that day based on the formation or pre-snap motion, and I’m no expert, so I’d say it happened.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Who are the new names to watch in recruiting? Seems like we are almost through with this flurry once we hear from OL Lucas Simmons and Stanton Ramil.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

DE Rico Walker
    LB Tausili Akana
    DE Samuel M'Pemba
    DT Hunter Osbourne
    DB Jordan Matthews
    WR Nathan Leacock

A-Smith, Memtownvol and Volgrad98 like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not a native to the South. [uck fay] these pots who call the kettle black. There are hillbillies from California to Maine, Knoxville and East Tennessee can be absolutely charming. [uck fay] off back to Columbia and Mississippi. I can guess exactly what kind of faux airs this couple puts on. If they showed up in New York or Chicago, they'd be denigrated as hillbillies by some too. It's all bullshit rooted in classism and a sort of racism where "white" people who are poor must somehow deserve it and be of lesser value intrinsically.

zehr27, Tar Volon and SetVol13 like this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

She's from Mississippi and never seen these kinds of people? Ohhhhhhkkkkaaayyy.

Indy, SetVol13, VolDad and 2 others like this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That was the part that stood out to me. I can understand showing up in Knoxville and thinking people are hillbillies, but not if you are from Mississippi.

7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Plus they were in “downtown” Knoxville. Maybe more believable if they were in Halls or Anderson County.

Memtownvol and SetVol13 like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Those places were literally uppity high society to us holler dwellers growing up. I've been to Mississippi, Maynardville may as well be 24th century San Francisco compared to the rural stretches of that state.

SetVol13 and utvol0427 like this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Don't make me button up my other shoulder strap on my overalls and put on my boots to come slap you around.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  10. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Obviously didn’t feel the soul Knoxville has compared to the rest of the country

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

She's from Mississippi, she's probably a big slut.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

To be fair, someone from Mississippi could stumble across an intersection with a post office and a gas station/bait shop and think it was downtown.

Volnbama, Memtownvol and SetVol13 like this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That was my first thought. Sounds like butthurt to me.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Last time I went to Mississippi was the McCluster[uck fay] game. Went down from my parents’ in Medina. Soon as you hit the MS line it’s like you’re in a different universe all the way to Oxford

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I didn’t enter Mississippi until I was 36. I had been across the oceans and touched every eastern state and a good number of western states and had never touched foot in Mississippi. It was quite a matter of pride for me about 5 minutes after I filled out one of those maps of places I’ve been.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I've never seen so many front porch laundry rooms in my life. Also porch couch and fridge setups were pretty standard.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I remember seeing a jacked up Crown Victoria or some such car with crazy rims

zehr27 likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i was in the sun that miserable game and it felt like it was 120 degrees. One of my top 3 overall worst road trip experiences.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Saw where ESPN has dropped Nico to a 4 star and like the 6th ranked QB.

20. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Didn’t 247 just move him to #2 recently?