23 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

you in NY?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

No

3. Ssmiff

thought you got tickets

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Feeling a 1-30 night from outside and the refs have been brainwashed by the media so much they are going to call every nit-pick foul and we play most of the game with Plavsic, Aidoo, and Mashack in foul trouble. The other show will also probably drop for Big O too.

Tar Volon likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

For saturday.

Ssmiff likes this.
  6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

No idea what to expect from this team at this point. I wouldn't be shocked to see us lose by 20 tonight and I wouldn't be shocked to see us playing for a title on April 3rd.

Hopefully the refs aren't quick with the whistle tonight.

justingroves likes this.
  7. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Barnes may be in for a long night with the refs.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they just call what they see and don't call what they don't see we will be fine.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is the game we normally lose and in frustrating fashion. Sweet 16, pathway open for us. It will be a great measure of how this program may or may not be snakebit.

I just remember:

2000 - Falling apart against a mediocre North Carolina team with a Uncle Jed led team with a ton of talent and [uck fay]ing Tulsa waiting in the Elite 8 and a Florida team in the Final Four matchup we had already beat twice.

2007 - Blowing a huge ass lead against Ohio State with a Memphis team in the Elite 8.

2014 - Terrible call on Jarnell Stokes to lose a potential game winning shot.

2019 - Dude shits in a ton of fadeaway threes and then retires from basketball, then we get a garbage call to send the game to OT.

This is our best chance of all of them. I have cautious hope.

A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The football team broke a lot of curses this past season. That's because curses aren't real. No matter what happens, they overachieved relative to expectations once Zeigler went down.

[uck fay] superstitions. I buy elite 8 tickets on Sundays.

11. Ssmiff

Ha. Hits 7 fadeaway 3s and retires. Pretty much sums it up.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

After a low-scoring scrape against Louisiana in the first round and a 65-51 over a 5-seed who had been in the Final Four the previous year. That’s not ominous at all…

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh no, hope I don't step on a crack or see a black cat.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In NYC I'm more worried about them walking under ladders on various construction projects.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I was very confident a day or two ago, then I started realizing I was a Vols fans following them in the NCAA Tournament. I still feel we should win, but the nagging feeling of a bad game could, and has, brought it all crashing down. Quite frankly, though, if we can't beat Florida Atlantic, we don't deserve to reach the mountaintop of UT hoops anyway.

But, shit, at some point we have to break through. Might as well be when we're coming out of the Dark Ages of UT sports.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm neither confident or nervous. This is house money.

justingroves and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

But it's FAU. We need to take care of business.

A-Smith likes this.
  18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah it's not house money. If it were Purdue it would be house money.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He needs to be vocal like he was in the Duke game and not just sit there.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I realize I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth here. I was saying we were washed before the tournament started.