3* ATH Vincent Perry commits to Tennessee

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by NorthGaVol, Oct 8, 2014.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Wants to play baseball too. Supposedly very good.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm okay with not asking questions about Butch's recruiting methods until he gives a reason for them to be questioned. This commitment is not a reason.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If UGA never offers Mason, Rogers goes to UGA.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Seems to me that if you had to sign this guy in order to get those two, wouldn't he have committed to Ole Miss, instead?

Could be that Ole Miss told him (them) "No" on this kid.

Could be that his friends know that Ole Miss told him "No" and so they're trying to dangle the possibility of a package deal out there, simply to get the next and most desperate program to hook him up, instead.

There could be no package deal, but Butch has gotten desperate since Saturday to turn the OL kid, and he hopes (but doesn't know) if this might do it.

Could be that Butch just wants the kid, and anything he might bring in the way of leverage with the other two would be a bonus.

In any event, making a verbal commitment does not mean that you will actually receive papers to sign on NSD, or afterwards.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It could be any of those things. I've read the package deal concerning these three before and I think it's clear that Ole Miss isn't trying to get Perry. If they were, all three of them would already be committed.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Are Phillips and Amadi even worth putting together a package deal?

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Yeah, they're both good and it's not like Perry isn't a good player either. I guarantee you if they go to Ole Miss they'll be worldbeaters. Just how it goes...

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think Phillips end up at DT and Amadi didn't really impress this summer when camping with his peers if memory serves correctly.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Amadi looked like a decent high school cb in camps

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Okay. I may just be misremembering but I thought I'd read where he disappointed some guys that cover the camps he attended.

11. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

I think so. Phillips is an elite player nationally and projects very well as a DE, DT or even OT.

Amadi would most likely be a NB if he were to come here. He's kinda on the short side but he's strong as hell and has a great vertical.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Just watched this kids film. I actually think he is underrated. Couple years in a college S&C regiment and he will be a pig type player for us. IMO.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

His high school coach speaks almost as highly of him as he does Philips.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I am now a fan.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only question is if he gets drafted high enough in the mlb draft to get good money up front.