30 Day Extension

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Oct 26, 2022.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

The NCAA can [uck fay] off, seriously. What else do they need? We've gotten rid of all the riff raff, just move on.

NorrisAlan and 10SEvols like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

30 days pushes it to after the season when we would hear back, maybe just want to avoid any possible distraction

utvol0427 likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Once again, tell the NCAA to [uck fay] off and see what they can do to you. NCAA is powerless against P5 teams now, as far as I am concerned.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'm biased of course but I'm not sure what else there is to do on either side.

Tennessee got involved, self-reported, found additional violation, etc. as well as removed all associated parties (admins, coaches, and players) from the university.

From the NCAA's perspective, rules were violated but all who were involved are no longer employed, on staff, or playing. Any real punishment at this point would be unnecessary in light of all that.

tvolsfan likes this.
  6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I feel like this is the way to go after reminding them of how much you aided the investigation...behind closed doors of course.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If the NCAA does anything of substance, they can kiss their relevance good bye. If we get burned by doing everything (according to their own words) they asked and went above and beyond to address the issues, then who is going to cooperate in the future?

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

This is pretty much where I am.

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Austin Price said there is no way a post season ban will happen.

A-Smith likes this.
  10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I tend to agree. Too much $$$$ to lose if banned.

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This isn't good. Usually when this happens it means that there is a multi-year bowl ban and everything just short of the death penalty.

Hope we've enjoyed this season, cause this might be it.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Decent effort.

tvolsfan, justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That may happen. But NCAA better tred lightly in doling out the "punishment".

I feel better about the program weathering any NCAA actions than ever before. Especially with Heuple and his staff's apparent positive development of kids and making it "fun". Parents and kids notice that.
    A strong NIL program doesn't hurt.

It is gonna be what it's gonna be.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Go back to sleep

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Even knowing that this was bullshit, I'd be lying if I said reading it didn't cause me to feel just a smidgen of dread.

I'm not sure I'll ever fully recover from the last decade.

tvolsfan and Tar Volon like this.
  16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Part of me wishes the NCAA would take this approach.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This. Not something we are going to put focus on right now. It's not worth our time.

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Bureaucracies like NCAA need to be blown up about every 20 years and started over. They all become a ridiculous out of touch farce.