Discussion in 'Sports' started by BearCat204, Apr 15, 2014.

1. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Those who send in emails like that are in the very vocal yet very small minority, imho. Far different from 1947 or even 1974, when lynchings were still going on.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There's always going to be ignorant dumbasses.

4. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Just cowards who don't have the balls to say that to anyone's face even if they had a gun to their head.

On another note ... I don't look at the lack of African American players in today's MLB as a race issue. There are a lot of reasons that can be compiled and I can name several but it doesn't strike me as a race issue.

5. NorrisAlan

Completely and utterly a non-race issue. Better value from the DR, non-interest from kids in the USA today. Most of today's kids in the US are playing basketball or football.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I agree that it's a few dumbasses, but I also know that I would probably have a different perspective if I had been the target of racial hostility for as much and as long as Aaron has been.

8. NorrisAlan

Yeah, Aaron is 80 years old and played in the Negro Leagues for crying out loud. You have to take everything he says with a big dose of his life experiences. Some of the letters he received in '73/'74 were unbelievable. When those two white guys ran out on the field after he hit 715 and met him at 2nd base, I would not have been surprised to see Aaron spike em both and jimmy kick them as a simple nerve reaction.

9. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

That racist moron will always exist. So will people who bring things like that up to make a very weak point and try to reinforce views held for centuries now. **** them. I'm sure a Boston fan has never sent in an email.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

So will people that deflect any racist remark as an aberration that means nothing. Apologists, if you will.

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Much more disturbing than Hank Aaron getting a racist letter, is the fact that the percentage of african americans in major league baseball is even being addressed.

WHO THE FOCK CARES!

Racism is not Waldo. It's not always there if you look hard enough. And when every journalist and their [dadgum] cousin keeps writing that Waldo is there, even when Waldo is four [dadgum] counteis away, people who read these articles -- and let's face it, most people are stupid, and sheep -- will believe that Waldo is in fact there. That's a problem.

[video=youtube;wMGfhXCpN2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGfhXCpN2k[/video]

12. kidbourbon

What do racist remarks made by individuals mean, other than there are some people out there who are racist? And what does the fact that there are some people out there who are racist mean?

If the present day manifestation of racism is a focking written letter, then aren't we sorta doing okay?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  13. kidbourbon

If I were gonna send a letter, I'd at least wipe my nutsack with it right after getting back from the gym so that the recipient of the letter would a nice whiff of my smelly nuts.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Bravo, sir!

15. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Amen