6.5 wins

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hallowed_hill, Jun 28, 2012.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Over -180
    Under +140

What say yall?

2. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Over.

7-5 regular season, IMO

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

7 wins and we are back baby! Saban, Miles, Muschump, Spurrier, Richt, Chizik, Franklin, and Joker would then be fearing the Dooley diesel and his unstoppable momentum! Finebaum would apologize for his unbelief and return to the fold of his alma mater, old UT, that bright shining beacon on the hallowed hill, and profess his undying love and fielty to His Majesty, [ddiapos], hallowed be his name. We could just pick which 25 5* players we wanted every year from now on (not that it matters because Dooley's omnicient powers of talent assessment makes his 2* recruits better than 10*- yes 10*- recruits). Would make me ecstatic. 7 wins proves Dooley is a football coaching god and gets him a $12 mil+ raise/year and a minimum 15 year contract extention- possibly a lifetime contract with hereditary monarchial powers!!!!!
    GBO!!!!!! VFL!!!!!!! I SAID IT'S GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL!!!! IT'S GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! V,B!!!!

-the average tos/toos poster

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

When, not if but when Dooley wins 7 games this year, he's putting the SEC on notice. Don't eff with Dooley, 7 wins and he'll recruit whoever the hell he wants.

-toos

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

A month ago I was thinking 8 wins. Now I'm leaning towards 7.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I have no clue, but if he doesn't win 9, changes need to be made. There is no reason for Tennessee to suck for two decades.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

IMO there's no excuse for not getting 7 at the very minimum

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Knowing Dooley he'll find a way to push.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Only 4 for sure wins with Georgia State, Akron, Troy, and Kentucky. Toss ups are NC State, Florida, Miss State, SCar, Mizzou and Vandy. 2 likely losses with Georgia and Alabama.

So im saying 7 to 8 wins.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Any high school coach could lead this team to a 7-win season, given its talent and schedule.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yes, but this is dooley, not jayvols or 53.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

This.

Any high school coach could have won 6 games last year as well.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jay and 53 definitely get 7 or 8. Dooley will fair no better.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know. The Poole for half yard then toss to Da'Rick strategy was pretty innovative.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I say we start an effort to get Jay / 53 / Huff and Hat to coach the Orange in next year's spring game, and for Dooley and his actual staff to coach the White....in a Loser Leaves Town match.

Early Odds: Orange +7.5

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Is this 6.5 number your own or is it something you've seen somewhere?

My prediction, BTW, is 8-4.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Awesome. One thing- better not be any spring scrimmage limitations on blitz packages because I'll even throw the kitchen sink at them.

18. hallowed_hill

It's the line on 5dimes

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I heard a rep for the site talking about that line. He basically said they don't try hard enough and that's the kind of win total you can expect with inconsistent effort.

20. hallowed_hill

It's a tempting line for sure.