6-7 years, that's how long

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Nov 5, 2015.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Same shit Dooley pulled. But it's totally different now. Somehow.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I should never listen to this guy talk while eating. Makes the food not digest.

But Kesling had to correct the idiot after a statement. Kesling. Corrected. Amazing.

They're talking about the targeting penalty and an appeals process, and Kesling says something along the lines of "And it is terrible for the young man because he has to miss an entire game." And Jones response, "It's just one half." So Kesling has to say, "The remainder of the second half of the Kentucky game and the first half of the next one."

.5 + .5 = 1? Ah, now Butch gets it.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The evidence shows that works here without the wins. It doesn't work forever, but way too long mind you,

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

VN

Probably deserves to be in the idiot thread, but I'll put it here.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Good stuff. So what was the excuse when Muschump beat us with a team so talented they got beat by Georgia State?

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

At the very least, they are old souls now.

I think class is way overplayed. Experience is more important. These guys have taken more snaps than many seniors in the SEC.

7. Beechervol

Yep.

8. Beechervol

Some fuzzy math will be along shortly.

9. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Cool story. Let me educate you on something though, Bobby Neyland wasn't being forced to go to battle with elementary school children. He had years to recruit the crucial members for his "eyes on spies" game, and the expectations in his era were a lot less than today's SEC.

Give the man a break, he's trying.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm willing to bet he said a much lower number when interviewing schools asked him how long he'd need.

12. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Something I've always been curious about... What happens in a coach interview exactly?

How is the potential of the coach judged? Do they go through stats, roster, etc?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I assume it varies widely. Hart probably has them perform some slam poetry or something.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He asks them if they can either win enough games or spew enough bullshit to keep the fans from annoying him. Doesn't matter which one.

15. Dooley was an ass. Lyle is an ass kisser.

16. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

So much of this. And that series of pictures on page 1 makes me sad.

When I put my Tennessee hats and shirts on now, I don't really think about current UT athletics. It's just a nostalgia thing now, remembering the glory days.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interviewee: "Uh, well I--"

Hart: "Whoa, stop right there son. It's a simple yes or no question."

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

SIAP, but a Gator fan started this same thread over at VN and istead of discussing it, the first several posts were them calling him a troll.

#vnidiots

19. That's usually how it goes over there...followed by "I don't know what a Gator is doing on a Vol board" and "don't you have your own board to post on" etc etc.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hell having a gator fan here might be a step up. We have a cal fan, **** fan, and a barn fan.