A Major Change In My Life.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by rbroyles, Jul 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

This is a post I made on Facebook this morning.

There was no doubt this day would appear sometime , and now.it is only three days until it rises up and I am not sure how to convey my feelings about it's finally coming.

It is often said by many in a similar situation how hard t is to say goodbye to true friends that you consider as brothers. I am not going to say anything that is different, because it is an actual fact that I will be performing for the last time with Hundred Acres, and it is way hard. The show starts at 9pm at O'Mainnin's Pub in Bristol on State Street next to Macado's. There are no issues between us, no drama involved at all. It is just time to hang it up. My health situation continues to decline making it increasingly difficult to get up on stage. My wonderful friends at Blue Cross and the charade of an appeals system that is designed to put you off until you either give up or die continue to prevent my having surgery that can help me.

I want to say to my brothers of Hundred Acres, it has been a blast sharing the stage with you. I am going to miss you, and I wish you all the success that you can have. Thanks for letting an old man live a dream.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sorry to hear Mr. Randy. I wish someone could wring Blue Cross' neck

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nothing pisses me off more than insurance.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  4. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Sorry to hear this, man. Prayers your way.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that RB. Never want to be forced to quit on something you love.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Randy Broyles you are one of the finest men I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I wish you final show was at Preservation Pub in Knoxville, because I will always cherish the memories of the times you guys tore the house down there. I love you, my friend.

7. MWR

MWR Contributor

If I was the judge and you were brought before me to be tried for kicking the head men at Blue Cross in the nuts, I would dismiss all charges, with one exception. I would probably have to fine you $5.00 - for not kicking them twice.

8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I fail at finding the words that adequately express just how meaningful your statements are Keith. Your support has always been an encouragement. I also love you as a brother.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Funny, I was just thinking of doing just that.

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

You obviously love to perform, which is why this hurts you so much. Just remember all the good times and take solace that you had the balls and the talent to do it.

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

:hi:

12. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Yes, yes, and I will.

13. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Cheers.

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Sad news. The world can be an unfair and cruel place. I wish I could make the show and have no doubt that it will be one for history books. Keep up the good fight.

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Very sorry to hear this, RB. I'd hoped to see/hear you perform live, and will not give that up. Insurance bureaucracy is infuriating and I am so sorry for what you've endured.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Sad to hear.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I appreciate the sentiments behind your posts, but do not be so sad. I have done pretty much what I set out to do musically being realistic. I have been blessed with many friends and it was a good ride. Time for life's next chapter, and hopefully a new challenge to tackle.

18. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Time to run for mayor

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

UFC fighting?

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Randy, I love you brother. This equal parts makes me happy and sad. All while also pissing me off.