A question about my subdivision

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by utvol0427, Sep 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I live in a subdivision in Knox County (not within city limits) that does not have an HOA. My wife and I have lived here for 4 years and more and more people have started parking in the street, even though they have plenty of room in their driveway/garage. It is currently to the point that the road I live on, which is about a tenth of a mile, will have 20+ cars parked on the street at any given time. This is becoming a problem for two reasons, first is that it makes it nearly impossible to back out of our driveway with cars parked on the opposite curb. Second, my wife and I currently have our house on the market and we had a potential buyer that chose another house over ours because our street "looked like a used car lot". I have approached some of my neighbors, and while a few others have issues with it as well, most have the mindset of "everyone else is doing it, so I'm going to keep doing it too". Since we do not have an HOA that I can address this with, do I have any options or am I ****ed?

#getoffmylawn

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Call the police, imho. Surely this is impeding traffic and is a fire hazard, no?

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Start sideswiping cars parked on the street.

4. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I never have understood why people do this, especially in a 1 or 2 car household.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

#JayGetsIt

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Parking on the street is better than the lawn. The multiple cars parked along the road is probably one of the reasons you are moving to begin with and will have to deal with the fact it will probably impact your selling price.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Start placing nails, and/or dog feces around where they park.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I thought about cutting tires with my Ka-Bar.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

"Jack rocks" and dog doo will be effective.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Possibly. It narrows the road to one lane. I have watched an ambulance trying to get to the end of the street have to creep between the cars because it was so narrow.

11. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I have had neighbor disputes in the past and I just tried to handle them without any emotion involved. If you approach it emotionally, it usually leads to the neighbors continuing the annoying behavior just to spite you. You may approach it by telling them that the cars parked on the street are bringing down the market value of the houses. You are trying to sell your house currently. If the market value on your house goes down then it brings the value of all the houses on the street down because the first thing realtors do is a comp of the last three houses sold in that neighborhood. Just a thought. Good luck

12. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

I would contact the local fire department. The firemen like alot of room to drive those trucks and if it's a tight fit there then the fire marshal can always come in and fine everyone and/or have them towed.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Definitely call them, then. A few citations will get them back into their driveways.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Don't have a dog.

I'm thinking I should hire someone to shit on their windshields. Any takers?

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

On my way.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Put a notice on each windshield with Knox County letterhead saying utility work being done on the next day you show the house. Say all cars must be removed from street or will be towed. Now if you have a friend with a wrecker, or the bucks to spend, have him come and hook up your car to make it real. Go out and get in a loud shouting match to get neighbors attention. Then tell them he is coming back soon.

Or in the middle of the night steal one of the cars and run it down the street hitting every car. Make sure you keep the car driveable so you can keep going a couple of blocks before you bail.

Or get a valve core tool and let the air out of all the tires.

18. Beechervol

Paint the curb and place a fake fire hydrant in front of the house.

19. Beechervol

Baseball bat. Windshields. Lighter fluid. match

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

This is what happens when you [uck fay] a stranger in the ass!