Aaron Murray doesn't like Pruitt

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jul 17, 2018.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I don’t think I’m homering when I say...Given the type of coach Richt was, I hope he did have a hard time respecting his game.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

“Guys, we have the best players on the field. Let’s take it easy. “

3. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

There’s a reason Richt never won a natty. That reason likely drove Pruitt crazy.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Richt didn't have full contact in a few fall camps then wondered why his team couldn't tackle.

Pruitt, while in Athens, told the AD Georgia was at a competitive disadvantage due to their lack of a true indoor practice facility. They asked him why he said that, he pointed to the rings at Alabama, Auburn and Tennessee. They were the first sec schools with in door facilities.

He also, supposedly, told Richt and his staff 10-3 is good but it's a long ways away from 13-0

10SEvols likes this.
  5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The part about talent should tell you all you need to know. They are behind UGA but the idea they are far behind SC and FL is way off. I'd argue they have more than SC and no worse than even with FL.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If you go by average recruiting rankings over the last 4 years, Tennessee is ahead of Florida by quite a bit too.

7. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Murray is a Richt guy and it was no secret Pruitt tried to shake things up when he went to Georgia. As much as Richt underachieved, I cant blame Pruitt for wanting more

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I was probably being generous.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It goes to show how bad Butch was at his job.

10. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

11. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Hook it to my veins.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I hope y’all are right. I’m bullish enough on Pruitt as of right now but not as much for 2018

fl0at_ and chavisut like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Somebody get a body bag and a dust pan

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Who else do we know that does this exact thing? Lets hope he is a young Saban.

15. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Agreed. I'm going to have to take the see it to believe it approach but I like what he's doing so far. Hopefully the jump from Coordinator to HC isn't a big one for him.

16. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

David Pollack is smashing Pruitt too saying the same things Aaron Murray said.

NEWS FLASH: Mark Richt is a [ussy pay] and never played for a national championship.

Beating UGA year 2 in Knoxville is going to happen.

17. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Are they anti-Georgia now since Richt was fired after a ten win season to hire a guy with a pretty similar resume to Pruitt?

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they don't claim anything specific, Pruitt can't refute it I guess.

20. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

What's the story behind this.