About to Take My Last Law School Exam Tomorrow...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by LawVol13, May 7, 2012.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Congrats LV and good luck with the practice.

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Thanks, man.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Congrats LV!!!

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

LV, you up for some pro-bono property advice?

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'll give it a shot although it must be I can't actually offer advice because, of course, that would be the unauthorized practice of law. So, if you were to put your question in the form of a hypothetical, then maybe I could help a little. And, if I can't, there's a good chance that some of the other lawyers on the board can.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Thanks, oldvol.

7. JayVols

Hypothetically, a guy has an illusory camper in disrepair with a notional extention cord ran to a fake house and a quixotic immobile vehicle parked on an abstract empty lot that two mythological bros-in-law might possibly own. Let's say that in this scenario, the delusive bros-in-law have made repeated attempts to talk to the neighboring landowner who for our purposes has a fenced in yard around his home. For argument's sake, let's add the fact that garage doors have been open, tvs were on and water was running along with open windows and an open front door gave the imaginary lot owners reason to believe that someone was home but wouldn't come to the door. Let's assume this situation has been going on for several months. Oh just for spice, let's add in the conjecture that the curb has been removed from a portion of the lot allowing a smoother entry way for the aforementioned refutable vehicles. In a scenario of this nature, what would be a reasonable avenue for the purely fictive landowners to take?

Actually, in this situational question, the fabricated landowners went to the simulated police department that knocked on the apocryphal perp's door for 5 minutes with the figmental landowners present on their apparitional lot until a suppositious person answered the theoretical door. At that point, the chimerical law officer advised the hallucinatory person to remove the mythical piece of shit vehicles off the whimsical property or their abstract shit would be towed by an assumed towing company in one day's time in LaLa Land. The assumptive situation seems to have reached a concocted conclusion. Your opinion on this completely delusive situation is still phantasmally welcome.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It's definitely criminal trespass. It's also vandalism if any of the bros-in-law's property was damaged. If I was faced with a situation like this, I'd send them a letter giving them 24 hours to get their shit off of my land. If they didn't, I'd file criminal charges against them.

9. JayVols

The fabricated victims thank you, bro. A pretend trip to the hypothetical property might be taken in the near future to see if the imagined situation is rectified.

Again, much fictional thanks.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Jay, just burn their damn house down and be done with it.

11. JayVols

An imaginary fire and a hypothetical house....

There's more to the dreamed up story. I'm not just being difficult with those folks.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like hypothetical dickheads.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Would be burnt, not towed imo

14. JayVols

Sometimes the fictional landowner tries to be too nice for his own good.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Actually, this exact question was on my bar exam.

I missed it.

16. JayVols

Small world.