Academic report from GVX...the hits just keep on coming

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Lexvol, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

But I thought Dools was a builder of men......

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That is not the Dan Murphy I had for a professor, that's for sure.

Great, just great. Glad I've been semi-expecting this.

VFL baby.

4. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

First things first, BC. Years 0 and 1 were spent focusing on shower hygiene.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Wait for the "its the fans fault" that players are doing poorly in school.......couldn't have anything to do with Dooley because he only recruits the highest of character 3 *s

6. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I'd heard the rumblings as well.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Give CDD a little time folks! He has had to deal with an emaciated roster devoid of talent, a rash of unprecedented injuries that no other coach has had to deal with- ever, and a team so young that they must stock pull ups in the training room. We can't make ANY judgements on him for at least another 8 years- he needs time. You expect him to have a roster full of Rhodes Scholars only 2 years after the unmitigated disasters that were the Fulmer and Kiffin departures? CDD concentrated so much time on leading our team to such a sterling record this year, how in the world do you expect him to keep up with what's going on in the classroom too? Nothing will satisfy you guys. You all are not true fans. Go cheer for Alabama.

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I blame Kiffin.........

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I've given Dooley a lot of passes (not as many as some, but more than most on here), but this is all on him. Just no excuse for that. Please tell me that there aren't any suspensions coming out of it

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

GPA is still better than our YPC.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Which is higher... Number of catches Da'Rick Rogers has in the season opener or number of correct responses on his 100 question Bio 101 final?

12. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Nicely done.

13. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I probably wouldn't care as much about this if we didn't just suck ass at football. What the hell are they doing over there besides Madden tourneys and group showers?

14. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

^ Smoking weed.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

hmm time to go see what the posivols on toos have to say in excuse of this one.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'll go with bio, because even if he marks C every time, he'll get 20 right.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Competency in the classroom correlates pretty well for competency on the field. If you can't get your shit together for freshman level courses, how the hell are you going to be prepared and focused for Alabama?

Say what you want about grade favors and the like, but look at the top teams in the SEC and then look at the number of guys in academic trouble. They have their shit together.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, a student body graduation rate of about 60 % is bullshit for the flagship university of the state. There needs to be some heat put on to improve that. Our alma mater is turning into a shit show. That doesn't make me want to give up and walk away, it makes me want to find a way to rattle some cages.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

"I understand a 2.0 is not very good, but we have about 70 student athletes total who have below a 2.0 GPA," Thomas told faculty. "They're not all football players. Some of them are women."\

I'm not sure why, but I laughed at that.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

That article was very vague, but the responses I've seen ( here and elsewhere ) proves that when your losing everything is magnified. I'll care when an athlete is deemed ineligible.