Academic report from GVX...the hits just keep on coming

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Lexvol, Feb 7, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Had Tennessee been eligible for a bowl, Dooley may have been canned in January

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Throwing the Kentucky game might have been a brillant coaching move then

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

What the hell does Dooley bring to the table as a coach? His teams are godawful on the field and are worse off of it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess Kentucky losses are going to KEEP you for caring? You do realize that what this means is we would have been fielding the C team had we managed a bowl, right? The only reason why you haven't been told players are ineligible is because our season ended in November.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

2.0 is pretty good, ain't it?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Any less and you are put on academic probation/kicked out of UT. That goes for the entire student body. You aren't supposed to average less than a C at university.

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

As it stands, we haven't had anyone deemed ineligible, right? Last year was last year, I'm trying real hard to forget that debacle of a season, looking forward to this season. If someone can't play this upcoming season because of grades, then I'll be concerned.

Not trying to downplay the situation but I'm not going freak out over it either.

Any chance we hear the names of the players?

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I assumed that the reason we didn't "deem" anyone ineligible was because we didn't have any games after the fall semester ended.

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Everyone seems to think the same thing, either way, we didn't go to a bowl, no player was ineligble due to that and now we move forward. Hopefully they can get their act together on and off the field and we can see some results this year.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

In this case we aren't speculating. Had we gone to a bowl, there were guys that wouldn't have made the trip.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Wasn't there some sort of new rule about fall eligibility problems translating to early season suspensions the following year? Or did I make that up? And if it is a rule, are we worried about it right now

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And it would have been even more fun that it had been to watch our offense perform in said game.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Write down the top 3 or 4 scariest possibilities and you'll have definitely nailed 3 or 4 of the names.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I was Einstein in my short time. lol

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I literally thought the exact same thing.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It's about 5% above the national average.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's not really too bad. Tennessee has booted nearly 2 full recruiting classes in football that hurts that.

18. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I don't think anyone with half a brain would look at a team or player's GPA and think less of the University as a whole because of it. As long as it's high enough that we aren't in trouble, that's fine with me.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why would you be fine with players becoming ineligible?

20. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I said as long as the gpa is high enough that no one on the team would be in trouble. I meant eligibility and APR factors to be included in that general statement.