And then theres this guy..........

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

As posted on VN.......

Blame goes to the players, not the coaches.

"I'll have another week of reading threads about how the loss to Miss. State was [ddiapos]'s fault, but this one is not on him.

Dooley didnt decide to not catch a kickoff and Dooley didnt get stripped in the fourth quarter when his team had all the momentum.

This team doesnt tackle well nor does it take advantage of big moments.

All too often in our run defense do we meet someone at the line of scrimmage and have ball carrier spin or grind out a 4 yard gain, check down passes to RBs that make people miss that result in 1st downs and tunovers during possible lead changing drives in the fourth quarter.

These kids have been put into positions to win each games we have suffered a loss in this season. They just simply arent making the plays when it matters the most.

Thats not the caoches fault. Its his problem, but its not his fault."

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We probably shouldn't ever allow coaches to be fired. They aren't out there playing.

3. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I Love that guy.... And Dools what the heck .... Dools is only the engineer... Not the executor! Horse manure! Him and Hambone!

4. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I'm guessing it's the players' fault that we couldn't line up for a punt twice too right?

5. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Just commented on that one over there, OV. They are now the lunatic fringe. Many of the pumps have shut down over there. I keep trying to talk some sense into some of them. Hopefully the better ones will see from the connections, Hat's appearances, etc. that The 8th is the place to be for real Vol supporters.

6. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Another guy has started his on post too......

Sorry, but not on Dooley
    I am not frustrated with some players, but most of them I am. You can bash me all you want, but I'm sorry, Dooley doesn't turn the ball over or miss assignments or not wrap up on the tackle. I can truly say from my experience playing football, the coaches job is to strictly teach the gameplan and the rest is up to the players. It is up to the players how well you execute, it is up to the players to know how many personnel is on the field, it is up to the players to make a proper tackle, and it is certainly up to the players to be pumped up enough to win a stinking ball game. The coaches catch all the hell for a performance, once again it is up to the players once they step on to the field. Sorry, but this is just the cold hard truth.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Crazy how guys like Urban Meyer step in and all of a sudden players start doing all these things that have nothing to do with coaching.

8. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I rarely ever post over there anymore however I threw this out in one of the posts when I got so mad I wanted to punch a kitten.

Since I'm in banking I look at it from the economic standpoint. KC you are basically saying well last year we lost 20 million dollars. This year we are on pace to only lose 5 million. MAYBE next year we'll break even. Jesus Christ on a Cracker Jack people. This is a failed experiment. Cut your losses after the season. Announce NOW he's not going to be back. It won't stop the decimation that Alabama and likely South Carolina will both lay on us.

Plus I've saw countless people say that UT can't afford to dump Dooley and buy him out. Maybe I'm numb to that since I see hundred million dollar deals go down all over East TN. There's boosters that would gladly help dump him for someone more qualified to coach at the University of Tennessee. Some of the people I've read think strictly from the point of view of oh lord how much the buyout is going to cost. Those seats void of asses the remainder of the year (save 80k Bama fans next week) and next year will speak more volume than the amount they'll have to shell out to tell the good ol' Southern Gentleman to go back and suck on his momma's *** and get the heck out of a job he was never qualified for to begin with. And don't forget the merchandise and TV ratings. When those dip it will hurt badly also. At this point the University of Tennessee and Dave Hart cannot afford to KEEP Dooley another year.

Get a real coach that brings real hope. Throw out the money and don't be cheap about it. Or, don't and let us toil in the bottom of the SEC East for the foreseeable future. If they invest in Dooley I'll invest my time and money into something else. I'm not a bandwagon fan but I'm not going to support a product (Dooley) that has shown time and again that it doesn't work and is an utter and complete failure.

I don't post much on the football forums and just lurk because everyone has their opinions and it will be a constant back and forth anyway. However, I'm so disgusted with the program and some of the things I read from others I couldn't bite my tongue any longer.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I am convinced that there will always be these types lingering around until we actually fire Dooley.

10. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Well I had a post removed from the VN finally. Someone said something about Dooley's DNA being important because of Vince and I simply stated that I think the best part of Vince's DNA must have ran down Barbara's leg. I think they are getting a little on edge over there lol.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I laughed. What's sad is out of all of Vince's expulsion, he was the best.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Epic.

And what do they even mean, exactly? What part of the human genome is connected to coaching? It is madness over there. Madness. Which ironically can be linked to certain genes.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Epic.

And what do they even mean, exactly? What part of the human genome is connected to coaching? It is madness over there. Madness. Which ironically can be linked to certain genes.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Maybe something got lost in translation.