POLITICS AOC Election Chances

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Savage Orange, Mar 11, 2019.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Good lord you’re better than this. I asked you to draw the line, please do so.

West Virginians drinking poisoned water have legal recourse. The fact that our legal and political systems are totally f**ked doesn’t mean we should just resort to saying “oh, just take the money from the bank who finances the wrongdoer”. It’s a completely childish argument.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Imagine the liability of a bank when I hit someone with my car that still has a lien on it.

A-Smith and lylsmorr like this.
  3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

God bless America

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Why even carry insurance? Just make the bank pay for the damages.

lylsmorr likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

you told me to get the hell or [uck fay] out. if drinking WV water is worse than that in your mind then you are well aware that true costs of extraction operations is socialized, which is far more unjust than holding the financiers responsible. explain this.

the legal recourse has failed, due to the attitudes that the greater good is calculated in business gains rather than in social costs. recently, the epa determined that present pollution levels in west Virginia water was acceptable because west Virginians were heavier on average and eat less fish.

so I guess they better not lose any weight.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd say losing your investment isn't no real consequences.

lylsmorr likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

you set up the next company and go back for more. it's the same faces and names, new logo and company.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Then we need to stop treating the company as a person and treating those doing the illegal acts in the company as those culpable and placing them behind bars. Don't let them just go to their next LLC. But going after those doing the lending is a bizarre way to look at it, imho.

JayVols likes this.
  9. RockyHill

For like the third time, draw the line. Draw the damn line.

GahLee likes this.
  10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think you severely overestimate how common that is

A-Smith likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

when the outcome is foreseeable in terms of the possible damage and lack of sufficient assets and permanency to be held accountable directly.

Money shouldn't be a filter for responsibility.

12. RockyHill

I can only imagine AOC’s definition of “foreseeable”.

GahLee likes this.
  13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

EDIT: I thought the thread title said erection chances. That's on me

warhammer and JayVols like this.
  14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Imagine being one of the criminals who have their personal bank accounts with Wells Fargo ultimately funding all this wickedness. Could not be me.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

you mean the victims of wells fargo's illegal practices of opening accounts on their behalf and changing account types without their knowledge?

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

So a person should have zero accountability, it's all the nasty bank's fault, they should have know the person borrowing the money was going to [uck fay] up?

GahLee likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

you're going to have to show me where I said a person should have zero accountability. the issue is that people strategically hold less assets directly than the risk of harm, through financial institutions. apparently holding them responsible is unimaginable. so you will pay for it instead.

18. cpninja

cpninja Member

corporations are people so just send the companies to jail imo

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

the companies just drop dead.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The ones that are still there and are funding this apocalyptic pipeline have to be held accountable.