Are you secretly hoping for a loss Saturday?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tmac61, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

I care too much too. Its a disease.

2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

You MUST understand that Butch isn't changing anything. He believes everything he says. He believes in the Energy Bus. He believes in Snap and Clear. He believes his Anal-lytics are correct (regardless of the losing). He believes WE are Energy Vampires. He is psychotically bound to his philosophy. Having said that, I believe he could win his way out and that is more plausible than a 10-12 million buyout.

Plus, I live in Little Rock. So, HELL NO I don't want to lose and we won't.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not rooting for a loss, but I see a silver lining to tanking.

4. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

If all this is true, and I don't doubt it is, then the change must come from above Butch.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm going to another game Saturday. I learned how to detach during the Dooley years

6. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I hate it for our players but for their sake I want them to lose and lose horribly. I want Arkansas to roll in and beat us 42-0. I want every single farking moron that I've been dealing with for the past month because I am anti-Butch to see what a drizzling shit storm he really is. Because God only knows that if they somehow manage to barely beat Arkansas all of those said idiots will be full Butch'ing me until we get blasted next week by UGA. My brain is not ready for that level of stupid this week so I just want Arkansas to embarrass and destroy us Saturday. As much as it pains me to see them lose I can hold faith that it's for the greater good if they get curb stomped. I can't handle being a "fan" of UT football as long as that shitstain is the HFC.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I have never hoped for a loss, but a loss this weekend won't be the first time I see it as a potentially good thing.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hoping is a strong word. If I actually watch the game I'll be rooting for Tennessee. But as of right now, I would rather that we lose. And if we do lose, I hope it's either A)by 40 or B) undeniably because of Butch.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I can't root against.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not rooting for it, but at least it won't be for nothing when we do lose.

Still haven't even decided if I will watch.

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Call us the old guard if you want, we wear it with pride. No end that I've encountered so far justifies hoping for a loss. I could not if I tried. It would be like rooting for the team your son or daughter is playing against. I understand the thinking, I just cannot stomach it.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'm with y'all. I was rooting for us against Mizzou and Vandy in 2012, even though I knew losses were the objectively better outcome in both cases.

13. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Too much blood has been lost to root against for me. Plus I'm pretty stubborn at times. I want the best for the kids, I'm not a fan of the coaches, I hope I can separate the two.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Can't make myself root for a loss. Thank goodness a win can't do anything to help our staff.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No.

My emotion will not go one way or the other. We've reached that point.

If I feel we've reached a point where a loss will help right the ship long haul, then sure. But we ain't there yet.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yeah, those kids deserve better

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

All I can say is that I know we're going to lose.

18. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

that's 100% where I am, too.

19. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

That's where I'm at

The cluster **** of an administration won't fix the problem because they are the problem

Cheap mother****ing [itch bay]es

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I've reached that point once in my Vol fandom at the end of the Dooley era.

I'm not there yet. Go Vols.