Are you secretly hoping for a loss Saturday?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tmac61, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

To make CLJ's seat that much more hot? No one would blame you if you were...

Me, I'd never intentionally root for a loss, but...

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Nope. Hope for a win. I know we are going to lose.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I've reached that point, I genuinely hope we lose. I won't watch though, if I do instinct will kick in.

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Negative, a loss on Saturday isn't changing anything. I'm of the opinion that Butch isn't going anywhere at season's end regardless of how they finish out the season.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

No, I'm pretty out in the open hoping for a loss.

6. Tmac61

I agree, but even a bad season could force CLJ's hand in firing his buddy squad and hiring a legit coaching staff. One can hope.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Which won't happen. He doesn't have the coaching network capable of going outside of his comfort zone. And no reputable coach is hitching his wagon to a crew-cut sized Titanic.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I just don't give a shit anymore.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Creative.

10. NorrisAlan

Yep. No one is going to come in worth a damn in a make it or get fired year. I just wish beyond hope that our administration/boosters/whomever would freaking grow a pair and fix this shit. We need some kind of Volunteer Football Tent Revival on the Hill and have all these jackwads have some kind of epiphany/revelation.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Same here. I have two tickets and a parking pass and opted to sit at home, eat homemade chili, drink, and watch all of the other games that are on. We could win by 50 or lose by 50 and I still won't care and my opinion of Lyle/the AD will remain the same.

12. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

No, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

GBFO, to borrow somebody's line

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I can handle this, right up to kickoff and after the final whistle.

But I'm for any SOB wearing a Power T, in-between.

It is my curse.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't hope for a loss. Butch will lose it regardless

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I want the same thing I wanted before last Saturday. I want to either win or lose in shit show fashion. It's hard to root against the Vols, but, if we have to lose, I want it to be in the clearest manner possible that Jones sucks.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The only "jacks" you need to be concerned with are these:
    1. If we lose, Butch will jack himself and his staff off at the press conference because hanging in the game against the best 0-4 team in the country coming in shows that we are making great progress. Relentless pursuit of constant improvement and all. He'll bemoan the youth of his team, reference some bullshit scientific chart, and swear that despite the utter shit-show we are witnessing, huge strides are being made. Everyone besides him and his staff are just too uneducated to see it.

OR

2.If we win, Butch will jack himself and his staff off in the press conference proclaiming that in beating an 0-4 team we are supposed to beat, he just won the Must Win Shit Game Championship. In his next breath, he will throw out 8 or 10 preemptive bullshit excuses to explain the next shit-show of a loss.

So why give a shit? It doesn't matter one way or the other.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

My dude.

19. Tmac61

This. It is a lose-lose situation any which way you look at it. We are likely screwed for the forseeable future with an incompetent coach and an administration who simply doesn't care.

20. NorrisAlan

I was in "Don't care anymore" mode on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. It started to wane yesterday and I am full-blown care mode again.

I must have done some seriously bad shit in a previous life.