Arky St Unofficial Official 8th Maxim Tailgate

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JayVols, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Hell yes.

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Thank the lord.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'll be in the air at kickoff.

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Probably, T club opens at 10 have to take the boys there.

6. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Gameplan is to arrive somewhere between 830-9am. Will keep Jay in the loop to relay info.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

That's not milk. That's almond juice.

8. Oldvol75

That's 7:30-8:00 CST?

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

yes

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Have your running shoes ready.

11. JayVols

[video=youtube;fSbFgt0wp_4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSbFgt0wp_4[/video]

12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Will there be a tailgate for the UK game?

13. JayVols

More than likely.

I'll definitely throw something together if I go.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm getting excited. Just worried that my shoulder won't be able to take another run in with a healthy treat.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Weatherman don't change his mind and you won't have to worry about that.

Of course, we did get rained out last night.

16. JayVols

We'll try to get the same spot, so we can see if there are stil remnants left from the last time. Anyone know for sure what level we were on? NY says 4th level.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Welp, I was going to be there for this tomorrow, but it appears that I have the flu or a flu like virus (I think it's ebola). Was looking forward to getting the business man's special from NYY somewhere other than stall 4.

Jay, you gotta do one for Florida. My wife and I will be there if this doesn't kill me.

18. JayVols

Give it time. It may pass...

This bums me out. Was looking forward to meeting you. I don't do anything special except pester folks to stop by, but if I can get a ticket, you bet your ass we'll do one for the Fighting Muschamps.

Seriously, the tailgates are the only reason I've gone to games the last three years because I get to hang with my buddy Volguy (we never get to hang much anymore) and to meet/hang out with 8th members. I can honestly say that I've yet to meet an 8th member that I hate. It's funny because we have such a smart (excluding myself) & head-strong group, and we often butt heads. At the shindigs, they're still smart & head-strong and I'm stupid and stubborn, yet we all have a great time- even when there's not complete agreement.

Hope you feel better. I really hope you feel better really soon & can still make it.

19. JayVols

I have 24 hot dog buns, 18 Ball Park bun length hot dogs, 6 cajun style brats and a 12 pack of Sundrop (I've got your back, Hat). Volguy- or anyone else for that matter, can you get some chili, spicy mustard (NO ****IN' KETCHUP!) and perhaps some chips? Folks bring whatever you can/want, but if you can't, don't worry. Just bring yourself.

Proposed start time will be between 8:30-9:00 in the 11th St Garage. I'll post exact level when we get there. We will be in one of the corners on the Cumberland side. Just check this thread in the morning for that info. Those of you that have my number, feel free to text me if you need to.

NY's wanting to get the same spot as the healthy cookies fiasc....I mean tailgate to see if any remnants are still there. Don't laugh. They were still there in November after being "placed" on the garage ceiling, among other places, in September. There's a good probability they're still there as healthy cookies have no known predators.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  20. Oldvol75

I'll be there. I'm sitting in the lovely hamlet of ashville. Al waiting to do a HS broadcast. Will drive back home afterwards, take a shower, then jump in the truck and head to Knoxville. Should be there about 4 or 5, stop at IHOP then to the stadium. I'll wander over there about 7:30.alabama time