Artificial General Intelligence and the Future

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Jun 5, 2023.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’m not gonna be a weirdo parent or anything in terms of completely not letting my future kids ever use electronics or watch tv, etc. But I can already see a future where I get chewed out by my close friends wives. “You let them do what?!?”.

Chill out Karen. They are fine. The worst thing that can happen is infinitely less bad than what will happen if you get your way and the kid is bubble wrapped until college.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Think those of you with kids headed towards teen years will find you pick your battles. Mine are 23, 20 and 16 now. They are nice to people, don’t smoke, vape, drugs or drink.
    JG is right kids aren’t out playing and hooping and playing nerf tackle football like when I grew up. We also had only 3 channels and one TV. We’ve had our battles about time on Xbox but I was a gamer too and can’t imagine being able to hook up with friends online and invade a country on Black Ops when I was 13ish.

warhammer and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My two boys hit each other with a set of deer nuts last year and both have pocket knives that may as well be apart of their body. They kill doves in the yard, they know how to breast them out.

I get some weird look from some parents, but they know where to go if they need a tag removed or a box cut open.

My oldest gave a speech about how awesome it is to shoot what you eat, that was funny.

Both my boys can read tape measures, they have used miter boxes, they have a basic understanding of small engines, they've helped me work on a lot. It's pretty cool.

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

If we had a love button on top of just a like button I would have tapped it.

justingroves likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is interesting that actors and screenwriters are the front line of the battle against AI. I mean, if you are in a movie, can the owners of that movie then just use your character forever? Imagine an eternally young Luke Skywalker.

Can Pablo Pascal be put out to pasture when an AI can just mimic his Mandalorian voice?

Or make a new character and use nothing but AI for it, this eliminating the need for image/voice rights all together.

6. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Idk how long all of this takes seeing as it can’t even do hands right, but book adaptations with AI would be in-[uck fay]ing-credible. I’d be willing to bet those horny old lady books in Walmart start grossing billions lol

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I saw where extras on a movie had their bodies scanned; presumably to be used as background extras in other movies.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

AI already becoming a Influencer.

[DO NOT CLICK IF AN AI GIRL IN A BIKINI IS NSFW AT YOUR PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT]

https://millasofia.eth.limo/

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are a lot of fake instagram influencers now.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. NorrisAlan

Brave new world.

11. NorrisAlan

Voice actors are also being used to train their voice simulations. In a year, if a company wishes, they can pretty much stop hiring voice actors for cartoons, commercials, etc. If not right now.

12. NorrisAlan

There is a voice addon for World of Warcraft now that will read all of the quest text to you in a unique voice per individual NPC in the game. It is hit and miss, but still, pretty damn amazing when you realize no human was at a microphone reading all of the lines.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

15. NorrisAlan

Yes. It is awesome.

16. NorrisAlan

This is for GCB:

Guy wrote a song and had "Dave Gahan" sing it for him. While I don't think it matches the emotional content of Gahan's voice, this is all early stage shit by some random guy on the internet training a neural net.

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I figured I'd probably be dead (or at least old enuff not to be aware) by the time y'all sort all this AI shit out.

18. NorrisAlan

19. NorrisAlan

There is a whole Hank Hill AI rabbit hole out there.

justingroves likes this.
  20. NorrisAlan