Assuming This Year Goes As It Appears It Will...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Nov 29, 2013.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The solution to me is simple: offer Gregg Marshall about a 6 year $18 million deal and watch UT basketball become relevant again.

2. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I advocated Marshall during the last coaching search. I felt he should have been the top priority. I think Dave Hart and Booger are too inept to make a solid hire, though.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

After UT passed him over three times, Marshall wouldn't piss on UT is they were on fire.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Disappointing

5. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I still can't believe we passed him over. Has the administration at UT done anything right in the last 8 years?

6. JohnnyQuickkick

They've fired a few people who needed it, that's about it.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They let Raleigh hang around too long even though players were openly complaining to the AD that he was a piece of shit they couldn't respect. They hand Fulmer a mega contract just prior to firing him and knowing the OC that elevated him from awful to mediocre had one foot out the door. They let Bruce hang around for a year following the transgression that caused his termination. Nope. Screwed up all three firings.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Usually way too late though.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

I don't disagree with any of that, still, firing Fulmer wasn't a politically easy thing to do. Also they ran Buzz out on time. Firing people has been the least of their shortcomings, I guess, would be a more accurate way to say it.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Letting Dooley on the bus back to Knoxville after the Kentucky game in '11 was the ultimate screw up.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And when we finally did get around to it the Dooley firing happened because things had reached critical mass. We had no choice but to fire him. Waiting so long and the ensuing cluster**** search are a much more accurate representation of our leadership's ability than the act of firing him was. If firing a coach is like detecting a bone fracture the UT football program had multiple bones poking through the skin.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Heh, I picture Hart looking at Kevin Ware's leg and telling him he might have a sprain.

13. Michael Hamilton saved some Afro kids tho, so it's cool guys.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I believe the track program was gutted by some short cited firings.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I bet in 10 years one of them will be a five star athlete and we'll get put on probation for him tampering.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

I don't follow it that much, so I couldn't tell you why, but the track program has certainly been ruined

17. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Didnt they hire them originally though?

18. JohnnyQuickkick

Interesting

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

As a track person, what has transpired in that program is nothing short of a tragedy sparked by ineptness and neglect. Pisses me off and saddens me, at the same time. We, not too recently, had a fantastic track program with multiple Olympians. Now, it's a joke.

20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Not so sure it was firings for track as much as it was the hiring of the HC and combining of the programs.