Audio: Nixon’s Secret White House Tapes

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jul 10, 2014.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2014/07/nixon-secret-white-house-audio-tapes

Poor fella, his brilliant mind turned on him and created an unconquerable paranoia.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The Romans and Greeks weren't homosexuals.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some were. In the way that some people are homosexuals. And it wasn't objectionable or having a stigma. But make no mistake, they are a completely different culture than us and might as well be from another planet. They also were cool with slavery, infanticide, spousal abuse, pedophilia, torture, etc

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yes. Some were, just as some people today are. But plenty of older heterosexual roman and Greek men had relationships with young boys that often included a sexual aspect. Americans hear about old men having sexual relations with young boys and they immediately think homosexual pedophilia in the American sense. But as you put very well, they were a completely different culture. Thus trying to understand how they function through our American lenses just doesn't work.

It's similar to male touching in other cultures that would seem strange to us.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we agree.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We do.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Will you two kiss already?

8. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I'll start the slow clap when it happens

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can't see our hands. When in Rome...

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

JQK has spent a lot of time in Rome recently. Just saying. . .

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm actually in Tennessee currently. Good ole Rocky Top. Heading to Gatlinburg tomorrow. Kinda wanna stop in Knoxville to see Neyland. It never loses its allure.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Stop by and have a beer with Sab. And a finger.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'll be 23 in a month. I think I've reached the age where it wouldn't be looked down upon to have a beer with any of you guys.

Except it's Sab, so it's doomed from the start.

Now, how long before Jay shows up mentioning the tailgate I skipped to hang out with Newt?

14. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Ever wish you could just go back into the closet?

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nah. I'm a fan of sunlight.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

How long will you be in town?

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

In Cleveland til tomorrow around noon, then in Gatlinburg until Sunday. I'll be with family the whole time, so I won't be able to venture too far.

Idk if hanging out with you is the best idea for my apparent reputation or for ending any Sab jokes though.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Who said I was asking to hang out?

I'm running east tennessee's largest homosexual ring. I just needed to know when the competition was leaving.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Ah, fair enough.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

LOL at "homosexual ring." I heard it as if spoken by a rural Church of God preacher.