Bama gonna get a chance to win the NC without the SEC west crown

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Nov 20, 2011.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It isn't. It is exactly the same. And when it isn't the same, it doesn't matter because you like the matchup. Also when it isn't the same, it is good because the Rose Bowl team goes to where Oklahoma used to go. And finally when it isn't the same, it is because computers are silly. So it really is the same after all, even though the only thing similar is that #2 would play #1 and everything else would be different most of the tame.

2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Sarcastic Cotton makes a lot more sense. The Rose Bowl team went "where Oklahoma used to go" (to play *dramatic pause* Oklahoma) so that #1 would play #2. They had to play somewhere. Are you upset because they played in Miami rather than Pasadena? Is this simply about geography or are you now wanting to ditch the whole #1/#2 thing, too? You have yet to make a coherent point.

The computers are irrelevant. I don't like them, but my point was that it doesn't matter. Whether the computers pick Houston or the humans pick Boise, the structure of the BCS is essentially the same. And you still have the same problem with your system. If #1 is going to pick #2, you still have to rank them somehow. I think they should ditch them, but computers have no bearing on the discussion at hand.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The BCS system does a lot more than that. There are 10 BCS slots. Computers help pick who fills them, both in the championship and in the 4 other games.