Barton to UT.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, May 26, 2013.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Not a pure point, but he'll help.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A pleasant surprise. We should be used to playing without pure points by now.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Much better than the alternative.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Final four baby

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That's very good news. Not because Barton is that good but just because our alternatives are that bad.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Difference between utter disaster of a season

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This. He could be as valuable as adding a 5-star recruit to any other position, just by being competent enough to bring the ball up the floor.

8. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

As predicted, the opportunity for playing time on a really good team outweighed other factors, such as the cyclonic pull of the Memphis Basketball Mafia, which does not exist.

9. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I guess the Memphis Basketball that I writer spoke to the other day was correct. His assumption that TN was the choice bc it the offered him a chance at a starting spot and has a solid core to it already.

10. Vespid

Vespid Member

He can shoot the three and play defense better than Trae, this makes us a better team than if Golden were still here.

11. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Yes! That needed to happen.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Good get. Won't overcome lack of coaching, but gives us a prayer of defending when he puts his hands down to get after it.

13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

It will be nice to finally be able to guard the PG and not get drilled over and over for easy layups in crunch time. Still have nightmares of the MTSU point straight up abusing Trae down the stretch for like 10 straight points. Georgia and Bama abused him too.

But offensively we won't be as good imo.. although some guards could keep Trae out of the lane making him useless and causing major offensive suckage.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

can he dribble with his left hand? if so, then great.

15. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

He was a pleasant surprise in the Memphis backcourt. I actually think he was the best pg on the team before the 2nd half of last season

16. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I thought he would go home to Maryland. He must have liked the opportunity available for playing time at UT. Nice get

17. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

Will he have a better coach the year after next?

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don't believe he's an NBA prospect.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The most impressive part of getting Barton is beating a staff that includes Dalonte Hill for a Baltimore/DC player. That takes some serious work.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Immediate playing time sealed the deal. I want to see Cuonzo do well. And flashes like this give me hope. But damn, I'm just not remotely close to being sold.