Bears on campus

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Jun 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

According to the UT Alert text/email system there are black bears wandering campus. Possible reasons for their presence include settling their ancient score with Davy Crockett, they're on their unofficial visit prior to receiving a scholarship offer from Dools, or they're tracking stolen laptops. According to word on the street, they've been treed and surrounded near the Panhellenic Building.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Someone had to have released them...

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You don't think a few might have wandered in? There have been wild black bears in Cookeville. Dpubtful, I know but it could happen.

There was one big tom turkey that would show up and strut around Humanities a few times a year. I always got a laugh at that.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just drove by the one that's climbed a tree in the front lawn of Panhellenic. Crazy stuff.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's possible i guess, but seems so unlikely

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Lovie Smith? Basilio really was right after all!

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

It's been confirmed it's Lovie Smith...

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Tranquilize the [uck fay]ing thing

[​IMG]

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It's not that unusual for them to wander into Knoxville. Seems like it happens about once a year these days. Usually not campus/downtown though they did catch one in the old city a few years ago.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yep. One wandered right by my parents' house, in north Knoxville, a couple of years ago. It ended up 4 or 5 miles away on I-75, where it was hit by a car.

11. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

That was Steven Pearl. imo

12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

They came from the mountains. I live in the foothills of the appalachians here in Alabama and have had a black bear in my back yard. I've seen one on the way to work before. No big deal.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hahaha

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Ole Miss is invading the UT campus.

15. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

[video=youtube;WmhvdtX72eQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmhvdtX72eQ[/video]

We could have gotten a gem like this!

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Thats pretty good right there.

17. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Well that's just great. You hear that, Ed? Bears. Now you're putting the whole station in jeopardy.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Now that you mention it, he was positioned outside a building where hundreds of girls congregate....

19. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Can't argue with science.