Beep Beep! UTSA Thread.............

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 18, 2023.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They have not looked as good as 22, but this was always a trap game. Even more now. We should win, but I'm expecting a frustrating performance.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Its pretty much a must win now. If not the wheels start to explode.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This week is the first week in a very long time in which I've had more than superficial concerns about Heupel and the program. I would like a few of those concerns assuaged a little more in the upcoming weeks. Saturday is a good time to start.

Tar Volon and tvolsfan like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe Joe struggles early and we go full Nico

zehr27 likes this.
  6. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Heupel has called plays this year like he doesn’t trust his Quarterback. Open your playbook up this week and be aggressive. If Milton can’t handle it, change quarterbacks.

Memtownvol, A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

All I can think of is Heupel/His Philosophy/His System are not designed to nor have any success scoring 16 points. I would suggest less than 35 by any objective measure is a problem. If as the head coach you think Joe Milton cannot orchestrate 35, then this is the week. Practice Nico at 1 and start him. If you still believe in Joe then blow smoke up his backside and roll the bones.

Even before UF this team seems pissed. Would like to know some inside info

8. CardinalVol

Would really be interested in knowing how big of an issue there has been with the change at OC. I know Heupel is the point man, but his OC is still involved.

Tar Volon likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

has to be a factor along with Ollie at center and no Hyatt and Ced

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, Heupel having a guy he trusts in the box and knows what he wants him to look for is invaluable.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’ll be there. Still gonna have a good time.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm sure everyone is still adjusting in some areas but I don't think it's been reflective in the play calling. They simply don't trust Joe Milton to run the base concepts of the passing game without turning it over. Take for instance the various combos they like to run off by showing a hitch or screen at the line with a route that goes over the top depending on coverage. They can't run those right now because Milton cannot make the quick read required for it to work as intended. That's why they are trying to force those routes as pure screens in the hope they can have enough success with them that the defense has to begin to show their coverage pre-snap and Milton would know who's running what and where to go with the ball.

The idea is based on Run and Shoot concepts and you shouldn't have to be watering any of it down by this point.

justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He has been letting Halzle call the plays.

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Giving him the play calling duties while saddling him with Milton is like throwing him the keys to your Ferrari as you top off the gas tank with American Crystal.

zehr27 likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

wouldn’t expect him to say anything different but I wouldn’t say I agree

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

My reality is that a freshman is not going to come in and run the offense faster or fix the line in september.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Probably not.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s just coach speak.