Better Call Saul (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think Chuck was rendered immobile by either a panic or heart attack, and only knocked the lamp off to catch fire and alert someone. I don't think it was a suicide.

With no surviving heirs....how cool would it be if Charles died and Jimmy ended up as the beneficiary of his HHM buyout? Or is he still technically married to what's-her-name?

I think that Howard goes after Kim Wexler - Jimmy's partner and love interest - by offering her a partnership at HHM (or just HH now?), so as to take Chuck's old spot and to bring Mesa Verde back into the fold. This would not only get Howard a big shot of much-needed capital, particularly now that he's in hock to pay off Charles stake, but it would personally wound Chuck to see her - a lowly and former intern, and the one who aided his defeat at Jimmy's hands - take his spot. And it would be be even more devastating to Jimmy, and on every level. I think Howard sees both brothers as being betrayers and threats to the firm, and desires to destroy each, both personally and professionally.

Jimmy is going to continue his transformation into Saul, and this will not only become increasingly unethical, but morally repugnant to Kim....and recall, a partnership at HHM was the top of her career aspirations, and which she was more forced out than simply chose to follow Jimmy, out of loyalty. I think that Howard can offer her what she wants, and which she may not be able to attain in 100 years of working alone, or even in 200 years, if she stays with Jimmy. I wouldn't blame her...but I think it's a mistake to assume that she's single-mindedly loyal to / in love with Jimmy, and that she doesn't have her own hand of cards left to play.

I think that Jimmy and Chuck somehow reunite or come to an agreed peace, and if only for their respective stakes and lack of alternative options. Perhaps time and love will heal all wounds....but greed and revenge are both quicker and stronger remedies to that end, IMO.

As we already know where Nacho, Mike, Gus and Salamanca end up....I honestly don't see a tremendous storyline awaiting any of those characters to be honest. I like Mike and Nacho...but what is there really to learn about either...seeing as what we know becomes of them in Breaking Bad.

Speaking of Breaking Bad....recall that it was absolutely littered with Easter eggs / hidden inferences....but I don't recall reading about or noticing any in Better Call Saul...at least thus far. Anyone have or know of any?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I thought Kim finally overcame whatever struggles she was having at the firm that had her stuck in doc review and appeared to be a rising star when she abruptly left to have her own practice. Don't think she was forced out at all.

3. Tenacious D

No, she wasn't forced out of the firm, per se, but Howard made it certain that she wasn't getting out of doc review - no matter what - and even after landing Mesa Verde.

What Howard was doing to her was far worse than just firing her.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was thinking she had gotten outdo doc review due to Mesa Verde, but it's been awhile. Seems like she made sort of a surprising choice and they were flabbergasted. Don't think they'd have been surprised to find out she was leaving while being treated like a first year law student.

Also, what are these Breaking Bad Easter eggs?

5. Tenacious D

No, recall that she approached and landed Mesa Verde via her attorney friend who worked there - and brought it to Howard on a silver plate. As he stood there to welcome them (while adjusting his cufflinks), he told her, "This changes nothing." They then put Chuck on their account, and booted her out of the room, altogether. Hence, Jimmy screwed Chuck on the address.

Breaking Bad had tons of Easter Eggs....episode titles, snapshot scenes, even lyrics to songs in the background.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I googled Easter eggs. Didn't see much there that was too groundbreaking. Some of them seem like coincidences that people are trying to make some big deal out of. Walt drove a Volvo in one scene and so did Gus!

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Chuck is dead.

He lost part of his sanity when he lost his wife and the rest of it when he lost being a lawyer. It was suicide.

I've enjoyed the taco backstory. Wasn't expecting it. Ready to see the remainder of gus rise to power.

Ready to see how mike assembles his guys too.

Not sure what happens to kim. HHM goes away though.