Biodynamics

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by zero-sum, Jun 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Aurelio Montes says, biodynamic viticulture makes you “more human”.

The Drinks Business

I like Montes wines and I'm all for sustainability but "virgin deer stomachs"? Virgin? Really? Sounds a bit dramic. Surely, there are other "organic" methods just as effective

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What the hell is a virgin deer stomach?

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Sounds similar to the deer antler velvet thing.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What did they use that for?

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I believe athletes were using it to recover from injuries quicker. I'm sure there are/were others but the two that immediately come to mind are Ray Lewis and Vijay Singh.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think it's used in a legit manner by some doctors for things but I couldn't tell you what.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm guessing it means that they only use the stomach once for the aging/curing or whatever it is.

8. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Exactly just that

Compost

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Basically a raw deer stomach (contents and all)? Or the stomach from a deer that has never had sex? :p

10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm interested in his new cab franc. Done right, cab franc is one of my favorites. Done wrong, it's like liquid green vegetables.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

slutty deer stomachs never work right.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

The latter :p

One-and-done. Fresh stomach stuffed with herbs

13. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Did you mean Casa Montes? I don't believe Montes produces Cab Franc. WA state producers in a relatively short period of time have made big strides. Have you tried Andrew Will Cab Franc?

14. gcbvol

I pulled that from the end of the article you linked; sounds new.

I haven't tried any Washington state cab francs, but will have to look into those. I have a few favorites from Napa, but they're typically lower production and often pricey.

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Ah. Yeah, I like his wines, this should not disappoint either. As a whole Argentine consistently produces good quality at a good value, imo

Which did you try and who would you recommend?

I had Conn Creek not long ago. Heard Pride Mountain is good but it's not 100% Cab Franc (small % of Cab Sauv blended in).

16. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Lol

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The antler spray, I remember that

18. gcbvol

I stretch to include blends that are primarily cab franc. I like Conn Creek quite a bit - quality wines at value (comparatively). 100% cab francs I've enjoyed are Keenan, Chappellet (both Napa) and Alexander Valley Vineyards (Sonoma). The AV wine is a much better value, but quality has varied quite a bit between vintages in my opinion. As you know the Napa wines are pretty much always more expensive. One of my favorite wines period is Labor of Love from Behrens Family Winery; it is a blend that is typically >70% cab franc. Absolutely beautiful wine.

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

You've peaked my curiousity. A close like that now I have to look into it. Thanks for the recommendation.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think we need an 8th wine snob thread. i'd start it, but I don't buy wines over $10.