Black Friday Conquests: 2016 Edition

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What deals did you snag?

Here are mine:

1. Wednesday I showed up at hhgregg (insert Sab jokes here) planning to buy a TV. I wanted to get the Samsung UN40KU6290 (40 inch, 4K, 120 Hz, Smart TV with browser), which was priced at $299.99. They had a 15% off coupon for any purchase over $299.99, which I also intended to use. They told me I couldn't use the coupon on a doorbuster.

So I moseyed on over to Best Buy, where they agreed to match the coupon for the same TV. Sweet! Then, on top of that, whether out of stupidity or just a simple moment of kindness, the manager took $75 off instead of $45. 25% discount on a Black Friday price is pretty hard to beat.

2. I have been wanting to purchase Bluetooth wireless headphones to use during workouts for a while now. I decided to go for the Plantronics Backbeat Fit for $99.99. They were okay. Comfortable, light, easy to use, etc., but when I got to the gym today, I realized that they were nowhere near loud enough. I decided that the average sound quality and below average volume made them not worth the $100 I spent, so I took them back.

I had planned to go for the Jaybird X3's as a replacement (also priced at $99.99), but I couldn't find any on the shelf. I noticed a pair of the Jaybird Freedom's with a damaged box, and decided to see if I could get a discount. Spoke to the guy at customer service, and he agreed to do a 1 for 1 exchange. So, these headphones were originally $179.99, were on sale for $129.99, and I got them for $99.99.

I think I did pretty well. How'd you guys do?

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

That's not how you spell penis.

3. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Got a Milwaukee tool chest because I wanted one and most everything I looked at was either shoddily built (Crapsman, Husky, Kobalt and so on) or just far too much money to justify spending despite being awesome (Matco, MAC)

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I got to see throngs of pissed off people at the Walmarts Thursday night for free. It was glorious.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

5. Volalum

Volalum Member

Go faster parts for the car
    Toys for the toddler

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

New nail gun and couple torque wrenches. And watched grown people argue and act like children.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Surface Pro i5 256 with keyboard for 650

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I finished eating an entire pumpkin pie by myself.

I had jambalaya with pulled pork mixed in.

I win.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Cajun fried turkey, HoneyBaked ham, corn pudding, dressing, hash brown casserole, pecan pie, fudge pie, pumpkin pie, bread pudding. Only 6 people. You didn't win.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

That's a damn good deal.

11. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you both won.

12. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Walked into Macy's

Walked right back out

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I drove from Chattanooga to Nashville with 3 kids under 5 without stopping once

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Bossy mother-in-law came to town with her two non-house trained Shih-tzus. Graded papers to get away from it. I lose.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm sorry.

16. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

Kirk Cousins got me 36 points. Boom.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I stayed home & watched football. I'd rather have my testicles crushed in a vice than get in that mess.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I love Milwaukee

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Damn, you rule this planet now.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Agreed. Not to mention, online shopping has good enough deals to avoid the crowds.