Bo Ryan

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Dec 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Say goodbye to one of the good ones, retired effective immediately.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Kudos how he did it, as well. A big F you to one of the bad guys in sports in Barry Alvarez.

Enjoy retirement, Coacher.

3. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Class act. Wish him well

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I think the "class" stuff is overdone after the way he treated Uthoff and the way he pitched a fit after the title game, but he's a great coach. I love the FU to Alvarez.

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Meh, what coach worth his salt hasn't (on occasion) crossed a line or got emotional when defending what or whom he / she believes in?

6. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Sure enjoyed the ride. Sad to see an era come to an end.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

As I posted in another thread, fare the well, Bo Ryan. I had the good fortune of watching most of Ryan's career considering his long stint at UW-Platteville, maybe his most impressive coaching job, occurred about 10 minutes from my home town. I even played against his son, Will (Who was exactly the type of player you would expect from Bo Ryan's son), as a high school player. One hell of a coach. So badly wished he could have rode out with a title last year.

8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I don't think he was "defending" anything. He just took cheap shots at a team that beat him and treated Uthoff like Dooley treated Bryce Brown. But it's gonna be tough to follow him either way

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Bo is an alright guy but I'm not sad to see him go. Guy absolutely owned Indiana.

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

He ripped the ref's for questionable calls even took a timeout to directly convey his displeasure

Cheap shots? What, the "we don't do rent-a-player" comment? C'mon. Coach K isn't thin skinned and handled it well, it's the media types that wanted to see blood in water and blew it out of proportion

Pass judgment (on him) all you want makes no difference to me. We, the gen-public have only what the media reported and that's a far cry from the things that went on behind the scenes. I could give a f**k about Colin Cowerd's opine. In the end things turned out just fine for Uthoff. Oh, and things worked out pretty well for ol' BB and his ol' man too

11. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

What exactly are you attempting to accomplish by butchering the English language? It reads like a gorilla smashing a keyboard, and you certainly aren't saving time by misspelling words, using wrong words, and adding unnecessary parentheses, dashes, and apostrophes everywhere.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol

13. MWR

MWR Contributor

Hey, punctuation is the crème de la crème of typing. "(?-,;:)"