Bombshell lawsuit filed against UT

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Daddy Gee, Feb 9, 2016.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Moreover, being dismissive of the number I posted there is not the thing that I would normal concerned citizens would do.

Could you imagine if every crime was reported falsely that frequently?

2. kidbourbon

3. kidbourbon

You're reaching, Jay.

4. kidbourbon

5. kidbourbon

6. kidbourbon

To that end, here is a philosophical question to ponder. There is no right or wrong answer to this one.

Who has suffered a greater harm:
    (a) someone who has been raped, or
    (b) someone who has been convicted on a false rape claim.

7. kidbourbon

This article elaborates on my reasons for believing that an allegation that a sexual assault proceeding on campus was adjudicatively biased against the female is somewhere between dubious and substantially dubious.

http://www.mindingthecampus.org/2015/06/amhersts-version-of-kafkas-the-trial/

These proceedings shouldn't even exist. They have actual courts of law for a reason.

8. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

I'm curious about the Bowles part in this story. If he was beaten twice, by multiple teammates, they would have done damage to him and he would have probably had to get some medical attention. So my question is this, if he was beaten after helping the girl out, why in the world wouldn't he himself speak up about getting beat up twice? Seems to me if he had already taken a separate path, then he should have had as loud of voice as he could afterwards. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Normally, each post on their own would only be a 4 or 5, but when you consider the entire body of work in the 8 post melt, it's at least a 9 on the pompous windbag scale. Congrats, that's your highest score yet.

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

On Facebook there is a story of a convicted charged rapist who has served six years in prison. The alleged victim just came forward and admitted she lied, and was not raped. The man has been released. The question of the post was should she face charges? Of course perjury is a given, but are there additional criminal charges available? If I were the judge, she would spend six years in jail.

Obviously he should have grounds for a civil suit.

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Same thing happened with a football player in Rome Ga a few years back... Girl claimed rape, kid goes to jail (and can forget about all the D-1 offers he had at the time, because he was a baller)... A few years (15 months, actually) later she recents and the kid is released but his football aspirations were pretty much destroyed(WRONG!!! He's still playing pro ball) ... I think some D3 program (WRONG again, it was Hampton) gave him a shot but that's it. She ended up facing charges (WRONG, again... I think, I can't find anything confirming that) but I don't know what came of it. I'll see if I can find a story and get back.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

So you're saying that only one race of people can be labeled thug?

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That harassed, murdered, etc. white folks. Watch Gunga Din. Of course they existed for centuries before the Brits ever got there, but they did go out of their way to eradicate them. The actual history of this group is a little murky.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Murky?

Back-handed, racist comment, imo.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Backhanded? That's your opinion.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Chill. You gave me a perfect setup for that line--it wasn't supposed to be a thorough rebuttal of everything you've said and believed on the subject

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

My only concern would be that punishing her to that extent would only discourage others from confessing in the future.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

How in the world did you get that from what I just said?