Bowl Guesses

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2021.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Anyone that scoffs at mayonnaise or sour cream as baking ingredients knows sweet [uck fay] all about cooking. You don't taste the mayo, it just makes it moist and lighter. Same with sour cream in corn cakes.

Tar Volon, emainvol and The Dooz like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well mayonnaise sucking is not even in my top 5 unpopular food takes. Don't take us into the realm of corn bread and corn cakes, you won't like the things that come out of my mouth.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Moist!

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Only times I eat mayo are on

1. A Sonic cheeseburger
    2. In pimento and cheese
    3. On a bacon sandwich.

I've never heard of cooking with mayo. Sour cream, yes. But never mayo.

And now I want a bacon sandwish.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Mayo and sour cream are fine as ingredients. Both are awful as condiments.

part of my problem with both is that they generally only come in 2 quantities: none, or dump truck load

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I put mayo on meat sandwiches of all sorts, sometimes on a hamburger, and that is about it. Oh, and of course, egg salad and chicken salad and potato salad.

I have tried the mayo-grilled cheese sandwich, but didn't notice the mayo at all. So I went back to butter.

My ex-sister-in-law and her family did something bizarre, and that is put mayo on their green beans. I mean, wtf?

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Vinegar in cakes is one that my grandmother taught me that throws people too, until they eat the cake

But that just goes to prove the old adage, cooking is art, baking is science.

ptclaus98, SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interacts with the proteins, giving it that pre-digested, baby bird getting vomit from its mother moistness.

A-Smith and InVolNerable like this.
  9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I make a damn good homemade M&C and mayonnaise or miracle whip is no near it, EVER.

InVolNerable likes this.
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. I love to cook but baking is on its on level. imo

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Definitely. About the only thing that I've managed to be able to bake is homemade biscuits. Other than that, I could [uck fay] up a brownie mix, but can cook just about anything. My wife on the other hand can't make toast, but can bake desserts better than just about anything I've ever had. It still confuses me that she's damn near mastered baking, but can't cook beyond microwaving some leftovers.

zehr27 likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

screw the mayo. bacon and peanut butter on toast

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Do you think that snooty woman in The Help tasted that turd in her chocolate pie?

A-Smith, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

You mayonnaise eating freaks are sick. Sour Cream too. That’s nasty! And I guarantee my mashed potatoes are better than any of your grannies sour cream taters. Just nasty as hell

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe that is the standard substitute for mayonnaise because of the similar properties

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Says the buttplug aficionado…

warhammer likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You may have mayo induced psychosis if that was the understanding you took away from this thread

Savage Orange likes this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

All I put in my mashed potatoes is milk & butter and they’re glorious

CardinalVol and TDVol1989 like this.
  19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

This dude bacons

Also, peanut butter on a bacon cheeseburger is way more awesome than it has any business being.

SetVol13, justingroves and chavisut like this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Should point out that no one prompted you to bring up your favorite flavor of butt plug.