Bray?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Is he possible for Sat?

I haven't seen it posted anywhere that he was.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Beech from reading the tea leaves and listening to the broadcast and Brent Hubbs today, I get the feeling they want him to play.

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

More like they need him to play...Worley definitely progressed over this three game stretch but we need Bray this week.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I was going to post, "No shit," but I thought it might be construed as rude, so instead I'll say, "I agree."

5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

He is listed as the starter on the depth chart I believe.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

If he doesn't play, we lose. If he plays hurt, we may still lose. But the first sentence I'm pretty confident in.

7. Beechervol

Thats all I have heard as well.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

With any semblance of a running game Worley gives you a very good opportunity to win. But therein lies the rub.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Very true.

Bray gives Tennessee a puncher's chance against anyone. Worley isn't bad and he's gotten a lot better in 3 games, but he's not that type of QB. He's a much better game manager than a game breaker, right now. That's not to say two years from now he can't do it.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I've been very impressed with Worley, honestly. Can you imagine if he had the kind of help Casey had in 2000, a Travis Henry in the backfield, and a Dante Stallworth at wide-out? He doesn't have the physical tools of Bray, Ainge, Martin, etc. but he gave Tennessee a few chances in Arkansas in less than ideal circumstances. If Peterman is any kind of player I like our QB future, no matter who is coaching.

11. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i think Worley will be better than Ainge, Worley throws a better ball

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I read that too and can't remember where it was. To me that's bonkers. How do you KNOW a high school kid is going to be your #2? I think Worley has a weird release for some reason. Maybe it's me...

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's got Da'Rick, who has made some plays for him (but also dropped a few too). Worley has gotten better each week I think. The pick he threw right before the half wasn't too smart, but the WR didn't go and get the ball either.

A running game would help him out tremendously

14. VolManiac

VolManiac New Member

Looks like he has been cleared to practice. I think the writing is on the wall and it says we will probably see Bray this week. I suspect it would take Bray telling Dooley he couldn't hold the ball to prevent it now that he's cleared.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

We haven't seen the best of D. Rogers yet. Watch him have a ridiculous Junior campaign, if he is still here.

16. Beechervol

Bray has been cleared to practice. Status for Saturday is questionable according to Dooley.

17. Beechervol

It would. Getting Rivera more involved will help as well. He has faded away since Bray went down. Worley has had a hard time finding him.

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I thought Ainge's arm pre shoulder injury was elite. Post injury his accuracy was very good but just didn't have the zip and long ball that he used to have. Also Cut started protecting him with quick timing throws as o-line sucked and Ainge turned out to be quite physically fragile so didn't get to see much down field throws.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Spot on.

20. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Any updates of how Bray is looking in practice? Anywhere close to 90-100% yet?