Brendan Downs Injured

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Aug 18, 2012.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Kneecap injury. Doesn't sound good. Might be out for the season.

2. tripper

tripper Member

That sucks, I had high hopes for him. He was one of the best players TN High put out in a long time.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You a Bristol area guy? If so, we live in the same area. I coached with 2 of TN High's current staff. Great guys.

4. tripper

tripper Member

No, Knoxville. West played them a couple of years ago when Cowder an Downs were seniors. I thought Downs was the better prospect of the two.

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

if this is true, Tight End is extremely thin, and now a weak spot. We can thank Laptop Cam for this.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Or we can blame our incompetent staff for not bringing in any more people of substance at TE.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Patrick Brown tweeted that they were simming injuries during practice to simulate game type situations in case of injuries during the game.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Someone was quoted as saying the injury was so bad he had to look away.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dislocated kneecaps look a lot worse than they usually are

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Also a part of The Process

11. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I once saw this on the rugby field. The guy was walking around normal a couple days later. The problem is it can come loose again easy so they immobilize it for a month or two. If no other complications Dr. Jew says he is out until about November. If other complications or tears it would be the season.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

There are several positions where you can make this complaint, but six weeks ago, we had four recruited TEs on the roster. Are we really supposed to recruit more than that?

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Stopped by toos to see if there was any more info on this situation... After reading the word "damn" in 90% of the posts on the first two pages, I realized what a waste of time that was.

14. JayVols

I see. I remember now. We discussed the South deal. Getting old. Glad it's the memory that's going instead of.......

15. JayVols

Damn.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Meredith has had the same hamstring injury for two years...

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I suppose. But allow me to reintroduce my point of needing to recruit a TE "of substance" though.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don't know enough about Meredith to say whether he has substance, but if he doesn't, then fair enough.

19. swaggner

swaggner New Member

Gq said he will be back for season

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thank goodness. Even so, might not be the worst idea to have a backup tackle work a little there in case we need another blocker.