Brice: No Scenario where Blackburn is Fulmer's #2

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Feb 13, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That doesn't sound like something Phil would do. If he's in sight of the throne he'll be working to ascend.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Naw. He'd never stab a man in his back.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I doubt that.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It would be a position where he shakes hands and kisses babies

5. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Could Fulmer help in getting questionable kids through admissions? Alabama is great at that

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Had a nightmare last night that Larry Scott was also named AD.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Budget Crisis.

Butch Jones to serve as AD along with HFC.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Amen.

And I'll personally hang it.

9. Tenacious D

How many games into '17 until Fulmer shit cans Butch and names himself as his "interim" replacement.

Follow-up: How many games until Fulmer has the "interim" tag removed and keeps the gig, full-time?

No, I'm not at all joking. If he still has the leverage to come back in any official capacity, much less as AD, then no subsequently unchecked act - be it treachery, self-aggrandizement or whatevever else - is beyond his willingness and ability to do.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Fulmer will be interim coach for about 3 years, assuming he wins at a .600 clip. Then he will step down.

You know, it takes a while to find a good coach...

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is my concern. I don't want Fulmer anywhere close to the athletic department if we have a head coaching vacancy.

12. Tenacious D

Only about 20% of Phil's total butt-hurt, and that of his self-absorbed millionaire jock-sniffing lackeys, resulted from his actually being fired. 80% of it is because he wanted to beat The General's all-time record for wins, and neither he nor his backers have ever given up on his doing just that. This re-opens that door, by blowing it off its hinges.

Tennessee is, quite literally, re-writing the book on how the absence of competent leadership and vision not only permits - but demands - the onset and perpetuation of the very type of complete systemic dysfunction, and which inevitably leads to the complete, pervasive and immeasurable harm which we now see with such increasingly frequent regularity. Simply, we are actually and intentionally inventing entirely new ways to **** both the program and the masses over, and purely for the personal whims of a select and well-financed few.

I would rather see it burn down, even at the risk that it may never be re-built, than to see Fulmer come back in any official role. Luckily, I feel no compulsive tension between the two, as it seems certain that one will begat the other.

13. Tenacious D

I'd like to see Fulmer publicly asked if he would agree to take the AD gig, if it came with the contractual prohibition that he could never, under any circumstance, for any amount of time, serve as Tennessee head football coach. People would immediately know what's up, just from the look on his face, albeit in the fraction of a second before his head exploded, Clayton Bigsby-style.

Let me depress you schleps even further.....a very large portion of our fanbase would wildly protest such a "no-coaching" provision being required of him, before being named AD.

This is exactly what he, and many of our dumbest fans, hope to see happen. They're just slow-playing it.

14. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

No way Fulmer is ever the permanent HC again. Would never happen. Worst case 2-3 game interim coach but still unlikely.

15. Tenacious D

I will love being wrong, and in congratulating you on being right.

16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

There's only one thing that matters right now and that's whether or not Blackburn gets the job. If he does I'm sure there will still be tons of other stuff to worry about, but at least we will have taken a step.

I'm prepared for it to be Fulmer or some other no name though.

17. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I think he'd be willing to do a very short interm term but I don't think he wants to be the HC.

For a variety of reasons the end of his tenure started to tarnish whatever legacy he had created, I'm not sure he wants to add to that.

He has to know he couldn't hack it. Then again, he may be our AD and he has to know he probably can't hack that either.

It's UT, so worst possible scenario isn't far-fetched. Unfortunately.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He would stab anyone and everyone in the back to get the HC gig again.

Again.

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I have a hard time believing he's that delusional but if that's the case, he doesn't need to be anywhere near the AD.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He's all about himself. He doesn't make this push to be AD if this is year one of Botch's tenure. He is making the push to Barry Alvarez this [itch bay].

And as usual, doesn't care who is in his path when he blazens it. He told David Blackburn months ago he had no desire to be AD and would assist him in anyway possible.

He's a liar. He's a self-absorbed piece of shit.