Brice: No Scenario where Blackburn is Fulmer's #2

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Feb 13, 2017.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hell, he'd likely still be going through the motions as HC and being happy with 6 or 7 wins a year if he hadn't been shit canned. He also wants those 13 wins to pass General Neyland worse than he wants the breakfast buffet at Shoney's and he'd do whatever necessary to get those wins.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I thought he was 21 away from the General.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He is.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Someone should email the 59-20 Florida game in 2007 to all the people that matter and ask them if that's who they want in charge of the whole program. Or the next year when it was 30-6.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You are right. I looked at the wrong column on sports reference.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Or the 2002 Florida game.
    Or the 2002 Alabama game.
    Or the 2002 Maryland game.
    Or the 2003 Georgia game.
    Or the 2003 Clemson game.
    Or the 2005 season.
    Or the 2007 Cal game.
    Or the 2007 Alabama game.
    Or the 2008 season.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

1996 Memphis

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I was being nice and only including games after the wheels fell off in Atlanta in 2001. If we are going earlier than that, there are a handful of other Florida games to throw in, the '99 Arkansas game, and the Penn State game in' 94.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Alvarez took on interim at Wisconsin twice when as AD. So, it's happened before.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'd have no problem (other than not wanting him to be AD in the first place) with him stepping in as interim for 1 bowl game if it stopped there

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Alvarez retired at the end of a successful run. Don't think he was ever even on the hot seat.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Don't disagree. Just saying it's been done before in college ball. I agree 100% once Fulmer got in there as interim he'd may just not depart just has he worked his way in the first time to get a job.