Broncos-Steelers

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kptvol, Sep 9, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Supposedly this game is going to challenge for some regular season viewing records. Should be interesting.

I wonder... Peyton hasn't really fared all that well against Pittsburgh in the past. Should he lose, will there be any backlash, given that the last Bronco win was a playoff victory led by Tim Tebow? As much as the Denver faithful worshipped the ground Timmy walked on last season, do you think there might be a contingent that turns on Manning for what could be perceived as him forcing Tebow out?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. They will give him a mulligan. He's really well liked on a personal level here already, for things he did for the shooting victims.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wasn't aware of that. Smart move by him, although I doubt he did it to gain favor.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The other problem is that the Steelers have always gotten to Peyton. All game long. He is going to see a lot of pressure and when James Harrison brings the pain I guess we'll see how that neck is holding up.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think this is the year things really unravel for the Steelers...

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it depends on Polamalu jo

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Who was the backup safety that caught so much shit for predicting a Steelers win against the Pats a few years ago?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't even realize James Harrison was out for the season.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I thought he was just out for the game.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Broncs got screwed by the replacement refs.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Big Ben might be my least favorite NFL player.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He's my least favorite of all time, in any sport.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Even my good buddy that's from Pittsburgh and lives and does by that team hates him.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He has the likability of Jay Cutler, the gracefulness or Tyler Hansborough and the fitness of John Kruk. Really compelling iyam.

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Ryan Clark?

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Excellent at escaping (legal) pressure, though. Gotta give him that.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Might have been.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

These officials haven't been great. Screwed up a few spots and missed an awful PI on Decker. Also missed the extra man on the field that caused the Broncs to basically waste a down.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is OUTRAGEOUS. They ran a damn play, it is too late to challenge. The flag hadn't even hit the turf when the ball was snapped. These replacement refs are ASS.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is indefensible.