Bud Ford

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Dec 16, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Won't be retained as Historian after his retirement on Dec 31.

2. joevol320

joevol320 New Member

what did he actual do with the university. I know he's one of the great vols and his knowledge is undisputable, but did he do?

3. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

Introduce people.

4. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

[video=youtube;taTBu14jK-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taTBu14jK-4[/video]

5. joevol320

joevol320 New Member

where is a sniper when you need them.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The best part of that video is Mark Packer having the audacity to call someone else a snake. A look in the mirror would do him some good.

7. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

With the way that UT's favorite asshole Lane Kiffin left, there are days that I consider having a semi full of manure delivered to Kiffin's damn porch. Wasn't Ford the one dictating that Asshole LK wouldn't answer any questions at the cluster of running out of town just after your bonuses kick in?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't really blame ford for that. I'm sure that was Kiffin's stipulation. He didn't have to do a statement and if he wanted to demand certain conditions he certainly had the power to do it. I think Bud was just the messenger.

9. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I wasn't blaming Ford for Kiffin's antics, I was making sure I was identifying the correct person.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I do believe you have the right man.

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Bud went to town on those papers in his hand.

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I was looking for that video and couldnt find it the other day. Solid work Smokey. The dude who will not agree to terms is a [uck fay]in jackass in my book.

13. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Oh noes....what will we do without a vol historian? Maybe Buckeye Bob will take on some additional responsibilities.

14. Good to see him gone. The AD needs to cut ties with a lot of the guys over there. Does UT still have 897 assistant ADs?

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Tom would be a good one, but I think he likes his status as a free agent now. Plus, he left UT on a sour note, unfortunately.

16. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Watching that video again made me nautious. What a cluster ****!

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Basically they cut his job and he became an errand boy for the former former president. It didn't turn out well. I'd be interested how much he banks on those "Vol Vault's" he sales.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

After long and distinguished careers within the department, both Haywood Harris and Gus Manning served in that role. I am not sure if they took a salary, or even ever were officially titled as such. There is some scuttlebutt that Ford wanted the job that Harris and Manning had served in but was denied.

I can't speak about other schools; however, I think an interesting approach would be to hire an actual historian through the UT history department that could in effect take on the role of UT athletic historian, while also carry a teaching load. Win/win in my mind and I am sure no shortage of good historians would apply for such a job.

19. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Now Basilio is trying to conjure some more crap with his new blog cry in foul about Ford's departure. God forbid we have an AD that appears to be against the golden parachute.

20. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Maybe Saint Fillmore will share his pension with Bud.